Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

16lbs at 22+4 😞 feeling like a whale

(19 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Wed 24-May-17 08:08:13

So its all said in the title. Was about half a stone + pre pregnancy too. My bump is HUGE. Anyone else feeling it?

Jellybabie3 Wed 24-May-17 09:41:49

Oh god dont tell me i am alone on this one confused

honeysucklejasmine Wed 24-May-17 09:43:28

I'm not sure what you mean. You've gained 16lbs so far?

rosiehull4 Wed 24-May-17 10:08:30

I've gained approx. 12lbs and I'm 21+5, from what I've read it's not so much for both of us at this stage.

I admit it is hard to deal with for me too, as I followed a very controlled diet/exercise regime prior to pregnancy but the weight is just creeping on now as I'm constantly tired and/or hungry!

donkey86 Wed 24-May-17 11:54:33

I'm 22+5 and have gained a stone, but that's from six weeks - I'm not sure what I was right at the start. But I assume I was a couple of pounds lower so I've basically put on the same as you, 16 in 22. I don't think it's too bad, but I do feel fat and it's showing on my face. I decided yesterday to try to do something about it - not a major diet, but being more sensible than I have been. I'm mainly worried that the baby will be huge!

Jellybabie3 Wed 24-May-17 13:33:12

Yes i mean i have gained 16lbs so far.

Sigh.

Im sure i have eaten mainly fruit n veg.

Sigh.

Choccyhobnob Wed 24-May-17 14:25:20

I'd put on about a stone by 20 weeks mainly due to tiredness, hunger and no sickness. I only gained another 1st 5lbs in the next 20 weeks (and I mainly had a diet consisting of cake) which made 33lbs in total, all of which came off within about 6 months. Don't worry about it.

BringMeTea123 Wed 24-May-17 14:44:13

Hi

I wouldn't worry about it honestly! I weighed myself (before I knew I was pregnant) and I was 7.5 stone. Changed my doctors at around 30ish weeks pregnant and need to do a health check thing when the registered me. Weighed me and I was nearly 11 stone 😳. My baby was 8.9 when he was born. So a big baby for someone like me who was a size 6! I lost it straight away pretty much, I'm now a size 10 in jeans as I've suddenly gained a waist and hips lol but putting on weight is to be expected, you have another human inside you. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You'll lose it when baby is born (as you don't get time to eat in the day πŸ™ˆ) xx

Jellybabie3 Wed 24-May-17 15:04:31

I am more worried about the size of the baby tbh πŸ˜•

BringMeTea123 Wed 24-May-17 15:12:45

Nobody can ever till how big or small baby will be. Because I have a petite/small frame everyone said I'd have a little 6lbs baby. Doesn't help I went 10 days overdue and had to be induced (might be why he was so big!)

HughLauriesStubble Wed 24-May-17 15:17:46

I put on 3 stone during my last pregnancy and now at 9 weeks pp I'm just about starting to fit back into my pre-pregnancy pants. I had definitely put on more than 16lb by 22 weeks, and I pretty much stopped weighing myself at that point too. Baby was born at a healthy 7lb 7oz. I know it's easy to say don't worry about it but I was freaked out about it myself. Just try and relax a bit and eat as healthily as you can without depriving yourself.

AgentOprah Wed 24-May-17 15:19:08

I know someone who put on 3 stone and had a 6lb baby!

I have no idea have much weight I have gained but I do have a massive bump at 24 weeks. This is my 3rd and last pregnancy though so I'm just enjoying every minute of it.

honeysucklejasmine Wed 24-May-17 15:20:54

Your midwife will keep an eye on your bump. Are you due to be tested for gestational diabetes at 28 weeks?

Jellybabie3 Wed 24-May-17 15:35:39

I believe i will be tested yes. I am FTM though so i am taking all these tests and appointments as they come! I am currently waiting for 25 week GP appointment to get my matb1 form

jinglebellmel Wed 24-May-17 15:38:07

I'm 35 weeks and have put on 2 stone sad not overly impressed but it's around the same as I was with my son and I lost it all within a few weeks of having him. Hoping I can curb my appetite for the last few weeks and not gain any more!

I found that throughout I had little growth spurts- so I put nothing on at all until about 16 weeks, then seemed to pile it on around 20-24 and then not much again until 28 when it started piling on again! So you may find it slows down a little as you go on anyway.

hopsalong Wed 24-May-17 15:55:04

I really don't think you should worry! I had gained 17lbs by 22 weeks, but it slowed down after that and gained 30lbs in total. Had DC2 almost three weeks ago and lost 1 stone in hospital and the 2nd stone in the next week. Now back in most of my normal clothes though have droopy c-section pooch this time.

Jellybabie3 Wed 24-May-17 17:22:39

Ah ok. I cant say im too worried about the losing it bit. Its more the size of baby and risk of diabetes. Doesn't help everyone keeps telling me how big i have got past two weeks or so (95% of which is in belly area)

calimommy Sat 27-May-17 04:46:04

Ah here I'm in the same boat. I just feel fat and flabby. 3rd baby, 25 weeks, tummy muscles are well stretched from the other two, had extra tummy fat to start this time. I'm very careful what I wear so that when I sit my tummy doesn't fold 😭😭😭 DH says it's in my head but I feel pretty self conscious about it!! Not sure where I am weight wise but at 22 weeks I was up 11lbs overall. I'm sure that's been added to now!

calimommy Sat 27-May-17 04:47:29

AND I don't loose anything till I stop the BFing because I'm so hungry from it I eat anything not nailed down...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now