Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else really not enjoy the movements?

(11 Posts)
Laurenannxo Tue 23-May-17 15:07:35

I'm 24+5 and I sound soooo ungrateful when I say this as I should be overjoyed I can feel my baby moving but I really don't enjoy the kicking! It's uncomfortable and half the time takes me by surprise and makes me feel a bit sick sad I feel Iike a fraud by saying I hate it as I know it's meant to be magical but I just don't enjoy it.
Am I the only one who feels like this?

Gothbaby Tue 23-May-17 15:16:27

you shouldn't feel bad because it's something completely foreign to you! of course is gonna make you feel a bit uneasy! Im in two minds about it! I enjoy the little reminder that it's there buttt the movements have really see off my very bad anxiety (that took me years to overcome) so if I'm out and about it can make me feel very very sick xxxxx

Foggymist Tue 23-May-17 15:39:35

I really didn't like it after about 30 weeks on ds, it was painful, made me feel nauseous, stopped me getting any rest. I was nearly in tears with it by 34 weeks, "luckily" he was born at 37. I had a very small bump so my organs took a battering, there was no spare space for my lungs, his legs, arms, somersaults!

Mustang27 Tue 23-May-17 16:20:46

Snap I hated it from the first to the last movement and I'm on my second pregnancy now and dreading it. I felt like I had an alien on board but I had hyperemesis from week 7 so the movements just increased my nausea and sickness. I think it's more common than you think don't stress about it

arbrighton Tue 23-May-17 16:50:53

I have to admit now bean is bigger, at 34 weeks, I find the movements uncomfortable sometimes, especially when a foot is sticking out etc

Oh and watching the new alien film yesterday?? Bad idea!

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Tue 23-May-17 17:17:53

It's kind of weird - I like the reassurance that he's alive and well, but I agree that it's uncomfortable at times. And being kicked in the stomach makes me throw up! Better than 1st trimester nausea, but I'll still be delighted when he's born and I no longer have to share my body with a tiny, fidgety hitchhiker!

Hobbitch Tue 23-May-17 17:33:38

I don't enjoy it when she kicks at my cervix and my stomach, it feels so weird and uncomfortable! I've also reached the stage when it hurts when she stretches sideways... The joys! Still, I panic when she's being quiet so shouldn't complain.

AnyFarrahFowler Tue 23-May-17 18:40:17

I didn't like it right at the end because the kicks really, genuinely hurt. Not that anyone believed me! And I didn't like the movement where he rolled over and you could literally see him move across my stomach from one side to the other.
I did like the little second trimester movements though, they felt like little bubbles popping smile

Laurenannxo Tue 23-May-17 19:53:46

Oh I'm pleased to hear I'm not the only one! Sort of takes the guilt off a little bit 🙈 I enjoy the fact I know they're in there all healthy and kicking away but the sensation literally makes me stop working (if I'm at work) and I have to sit and try and grin and bear it. I'm just looking forward to them being here now!!!

Scaredycat2016 Wed 24-May-17 07:32:14

I'm so relieved to read other people referring to alien! I thought I was the only one and that I was the most wicked person in the world for not cooing and going aaah! Xx

Youvegotafriendinme Wed 24-May-17 07:39:08

Ah bless you, don't feel bad. Many people don't like them. From about 32 weeks I was in pain with the movements and I hated the feeling of DS hiccuping in me, it was just the weirdest sensation ever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now