Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hip/leg pain

(9 Posts)
MissBax Tue 23-May-17 10:45:47

Last night I couldn't sleep because the side I was lay on was totally cramped/seized at the leg/hip. I kept having to swap sides but barely slept a wink because of it. I'm 26 weeks now but it seems to have come out of nowhere so suddenly. Has anyone else any experience of this or remedies? Thanks

MissBax Tue 23-May-17 14:08:46

Anyone??

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 23-May-17 14:26:49

Have you tried having a pillow or wedge between your knees as you sleep? I used to have pelvic pains that meant my hips/pelvis would slump horribly during the night to get comfortable, then when I would move or get up, everything would hurt so much as I tried to get upright. Hard to explain but very very painful. A pillow between your knees, or one of those v shape ones that you can sort of loop around you might help, it really helped me

Dede124 Tue 23-May-17 16:05:11

I feel your pain I seem to be turning every 5 minutes at night switching sides but the pain wakes me up it's so uncomfortable. I don't find that a pillow works in between my legs very much and I started antenatal yoga last week and found that it was worse that night, I think I aggravated it with the stretches that I thought would help 😩 going to speak to midwife to see if she can refer me for physio because I'm only 20 weeks and can only imagine the pain to get worse!

SummerRayne17 Tue 23-May-17 17:50:06

It's SPD/PGP and i have sufferered with it since i was 16wks, im now 36. Night time is agony, especially turning over in bed, lifting leg up, as is walking. If i do too much, I'm crippled that night/next day. I am on co-codamol for the pain and use pillows between my knees at night, sometimes a hot water bottle to help soothe pain. I was referred for a group PGP physio session, which turned out to be a waste of time, was mostly info on what the condition is and what to do/not to do. Other people on here have paid for private physio sessions, so check out for centres in your area. Apparently it doesn't affect you giving birth and things usually settle down to normal very quickly afterwards. Roll on d-day as i have totally had enough of this shit now!! flowers

MissBax Tue 23-May-17 17:59:04

Thanks for the replies! I use a pillow already but it didn't help at all last night. I'll have a read into PGP and SPD, thanks summer.
I hope it doesn't get worse as last night was really unbearable. DP has agreed to stay in the other room tonight as I kept him up all night with my tossing and turning.

JaneBanks Tue 23-May-17 18:08:30

Pillow between knees and sleeping on top of a folded over duvet has done wonders for me! (33 weeks, on the countdown!)

Dede124 Thu 25-May-17 08:20:41

@JaneBanks tried sleeping on a folded duvet last night it took a lot of pain off and I had the best nights sleep in ages smile 👍🏽

JaneBanks Thu 25-May-17 08:30:03

Brilliant news!! It made such a difference to me! Not easy this pregnancy lark hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now