Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm knackered

(17 Posts)
FluffyEwok Tue 23-May-17 10:01:38

hello I'm 14 weeks and for the past 2 weeks I've felt rough. I'm shattered I'm up all night pissing and cant get comfortable. I feel listless all the time I'm struggling in work but I daren't phone in sick. does it get better?

NotAnotherUserName5 Tue 23-May-17 11:17:36

Yes, it does get better! You are likely to be on the cusp of the best bit (the middle months)

Then it gets hard again from 32ish weeks in my experiences.

Has your iron levels been checked? I'm shattered partly because I'm anemic, partly because I'm near the end.

LaPharisienne Tue 23-May-17 11:18:21

You have my deepest sympathy. And we'll bloody done for getting in to work. Should get better soon!

buzzmoon Tue 23-May-17 11:19:42

Ditto 🙋🏽 absolutely knackered, felt fine weeks 11-12 but this week, 13+5 I can't even get out of bed it's ridiculous. Very
I hope hoping it eases and I get the glow soon!

FluffyEwok Tue 23-May-17 11:22:44

buzz I'm 13+5 so same stage I cant stop eating crap either.

buzzmoon Tue 23-May-17 11:26:22

God same!! I keep saying that I need to eat healthier and I must be doing a terrible job for my lil bump. I just can't help it! Yesterday I had crumpets, a small pizza and a chicken kebab for dinner 😩😩😩

buzzmoon Tue 23-May-17 11:26:53

My skin is horrific too

FluffyEwok Tue 23-May-17 12:00:31

same here buzz my skin is foul

Lillygolightly Tue 23-May-17 12:52:46

I'm about 10 weeks and if I'm not sleeping I'm yawning. I don't remember being this tired in my previous pregnancies...the last one was over 7 years ago so maybe I've forgotten. I can't wait to get to the more energetic bit hopefully 😄

Topsyloulou Tue 23-May-17 14:44:14

15+2 here & I am so so tired. I was never this tired with DS & any excessive tiredness I did have was over by 12 weeks. I even feel like I need a sit down when I've climbed upstairs. Hoping I'll start to perk up soon but have been saying that for 4 weeks now! I was anaemic last time so wouldn't be surprised if I am this time too. Just want some more energy. I have 2 coursework assignments due at the beginning of July that I haven't had the energy to start & I'm going to bed by 9 every night. Think DP might have to entertain DS himself this weekend so I can study / sleep.

FluffyEwok Wed 24-May-17 11:00:55

I'm getting irritated quickly too I'm just not in a good frame of mind lol

Mustang27 Wed 24-May-17 11:28:28

Get you dr to sign you off for a week or two to rest due to pregnancy sickness. You need to rest for awhile or you will struggle later as you will be constantly trying to catch up and as you get bigger sleep gets harder and you will only need to pee more.

Have you had your urine checked UTI's are super common in early pregnancy

lydiangel83 Thu 25-May-17 06:35:05

I seem to have proper insomnia and have had it for a few weeks now (am 17 weeks). My friend is GP and she said it's your body's way of preparing you for lack of sleep when baby arrives!

I'm not impressed, would rather sleep as much as possible before baby arrives!!

ememem84 Thu 25-May-17 07:07:26

I was like that too.

Am 22 weeks now. And felt much better from around 16 weeks.

If you need to take a day off take it.

FluffyEwok Thu 25-May-17 14:03:40

I know I should but it's half term next week so I cant really go off sick. it'll get better r

Oldschool41 Thu 25-May-17 20:47:33

I've been tired for nearly all the first trimester. I hope the second trimester it gets better. My sleeping pattern is also all over the place grrr

lydiangel83 Thu 25-May-17 20:57:58

I wasn't tired in first trimester just nauseous, which appears to have been replaced by insomnia. I wouldn't mind so much if work weren't so difficult and I really need to be on my toes :-/ seem to be getting tired when I give myself a chance to rest, I am so used to being on the go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now