Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Maternity clothes - size 20 pre-pregnancy

(6 Posts)
Cagliostro Sun 21-May-17 15:35:24

Getting by in my regular clothes at the moment, and luckily I lost a little weight before getting pregnant so they should fit a little longer. I'm not showing yet but my shape seems to change daily (most days I can barely eat due to nausea, not sure if it's bloating or what), sometimes I feel extra huge.

Am 15 weeks now, due early November so won't be heavily pregnant in summer this time, and I have no idea what I'm doing, previous pregnancies I was around a 16 but that was 8/10 years ago!

I don't have to worry about smart clothes for work, just need casual comfy stuff.

Will look in New Look and H&M as they seem affordable, I was excited that Yours do maternity stuff but have heard the quality is poor.

What basics are good? Is it too early to buy things now? I'm not sure if I need them yet but I tend to procrastinate and I don't want to suddenly find that nothing in my (very limited) wardrobe fits! But what if I get stuff and that doesn't even fit towards the end?!

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 21-May-17 15:38:57

Maternity clothes are intended to fit early until late. Can't see why plus size should be any different. I bought early on and then stored until I needed. I did a good job of guessing what would fit. Only potential exception is jeans, can be hard to know what will be comfortable.

Mymouthgetsmeintrouble Sun 21-May-17 15:52:55

Asda maternity is cheap and ok for everyday stuff

Teabagtits Sun 21-May-17 15:53:36

I found I was able to wear my non maternity clothes until about 30weeks comfortably but my bum is where my weight is so nothing ever fitted my waist. Asda are quite good for leggings and the likes but I've had to size down there and asos. I got mothercare yoga pants but the belly band bit at 34 weeks is still to big. It really depends on how big your bump is. I didn't find maternity clothes fitting from early on asa op said.

Teabagtits Sun 21-May-17 15:53:50

*As a pp

cremeeggaddict Sun 21-May-17 18:49:51

I was a size 16/18 pre pregnancy. I found Marks and Spencer, Asda and H and M good for basics such as leggings and tops. I have bought a few bits from Bon Prix and also have a couple of nice dresses from Dorothy Perkins and Elizabeth Brown. I did have a go at some of the cheaper plus size maternity offerings on ebay but wasn't impressed. Many of the things I have bought are suitable for nursing so I intend to wear them after too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now