Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Breastfeeding when you've had your nipple pierced in this past .. is it possible?

(8 Posts)
ThisIsActuallyHappening Sun 21-May-17 10:53:46

So, in my younger and more care free days I had my nipple pierced blush .. I took it out at about 3-4 years ago but now pregnant, I'm wondering is this going to hamper my plans to breastfeed? hmm

Any experiences? I only had one nipple pierced so I guess I have one spare still, right? wink Lol! Can you still successfully exclusively breastfeed one boobed??

Any relevant experiences, good or bad, gratefully received.

Thewinedidit Sun 21-May-17 10:59:13

Took mine out just before sons birth and we fed no issues. You'll be fine.

ThisIsActuallyHappening Sun 21-May-17 11:11:30

Ah, that is good to hear, thank you! I was freaking out just in case I would have severed the milk duct or something ... ?!

Thanks for your comment.

AThousandTears Sun 21-May-17 11:13:38

I had mine done at 17, took it out at 24. BF successfully for 15 months at 28.

Good luck!

lanbro Sun 21-May-17 11:13:43

My cousin had both nipples pierced and fed twins for over a year, shouldn't be a problem!

blessedmummyov5 Sun 21-May-17 11:16:34

Yes had both mine done took them out when pregnant and cud feed fine although when they were full to burst if I took my bra of the milk used to spray for metres out of the piercing holes , midwife came to do her checks pulled wee man off my boob and sprayed midwife on other side of the room pmsl

Bear2014 Sun 21-May-17 18:24:33

Yep I had one of mine pierced for 5 ish years in my 20s and managed to exclusively BF my DD for almost 2 years.

NoOneLikesACrispyTowel Sun 21-May-17 19:49:40

Milk comes out the holes where it was pierced!

That always amused me. 🤗

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: