Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding when you've had your nipple pierced in this past .. is it possible?

(8 Posts)
ThisIsActuallyHappening Sun 21-May-17 10:53:46

So, in my younger and more care free days I had my nipple pierced blush .. I took it out at about 3-4 years ago but now pregnant, I'm wondering is this going to hamper my plans to breastfeed? hmm

Any experiences? I only had one nipple pierced so I guess I have one spare still, right? wink Lol! Can you still successfully exclusively breastfeed one boobed??

Any relevant experiences, good or bad, gratefully received.

Thewinedidit Sun 21-May-17 10:59:13

Took mine out just before sons birth and we fed no issues. You'll be fine.

ThisIsActuallyHappening Sun 21-May-17 11:11:30

Ah, that is good to hear, thank you! I was freaking out just in case I would have severed the milk duct or something ... ?!

Thanks for your comment.

AThousandTears Sun 21-May-17 11:13:38

I had mine done at 17, took it out at 24. BF successfully for 15 months at 28.

Good luck!

lanbro Sun 21-May-17 11:13:43

My cousin had both nipples pierced and fed twins for over a year, shouldn't be a problem!

blessedmummyov5 Sun 21-May-17 11:16:34

Yes had both mine done took them out when pregnant and cud feed fine although when they were full to burst if I took my bra of the milk used to spray for metres out of the piercing holes , midwife came to do her checks pulled wee man off my boob and sprayed midwife on other side of the room pmsl

Bear2014 Sun 21-May-17 18:24:33

Yep I had one of mine pierced for 5 ish years in my 20s and managed to exclusively BF my DD for almost 2 years.

NoOneLikesACrispyTowel Sun 21-May-17 19:49:40

Milk comes out the holes where it was pierced!

That always amused me. 🤗

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now