Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Zika

(10 Posts)
twinkle1972 Fri 19-May-17 23:01:50

Has anyone booked a holiday to a country with high risk of Zika, obv before you knew you were pregnant. We were due to go to Cuba in July but now I'm 8 weeks will be looking to switch destinations confused

arbrighton Sat 20-May-17 08:09:19

Check your holiday insurance- there may be some sort of ability to claim as health condition means you can no longer go.

twinkle1972 Sat 20-May-17 08:39:25

Thomas cook have been great, now actually offered us a free transfer to another destination. Sadly all the Caribbean destinations carry a risk so it's looking like it might be Cyprus

arbrighton Sat 20-May-17 08:51:43

Better to be safe than sorry- one mosquito bite at the start of our trip has meant a LOT of extra monitoring for me. All seems to be ok thankfully

twinkle1972 Sat 20-May-17 09:04:41

That's what I thought...and the Mosquitos love me! Always end up covered in bites. Where did u go on holiday?

Hotpinkangel19 Sat 20-May-17 10:51:28

We were booked for Cuba in October but after explaining to Thomas Cook they were fab and changed it for us. Now going to Lanzarote. X

twinkle1972 Sat 20-May-17 11:21:18

That's great Hotpink. Best be safe and Lanzarote will be lovely

TheseAreTheGoodOldDays Sat 20-May-17 11:25:50

Hope you have a lovely holiday twinkle!
My fiancé and I have just returned home from somewhere that was high risk of Zika. We booked it before we'd realised that was the case - we were hoping to start TTC when we got back, and now unfortunately have 6 months to wait (neither of us bitten, as far as we're aware, but daren't chance it!)
You do right swapping your destination to keep your mind at restsmile

twinkle1972 Sat 20-May-17 16:08:28

My pregnancy was rather a surprise...I'm 45 next month! We booked Cuba last September as I thought I'd missed the boat on my last chance at being a mum again after a MC last year x

arbrighton Sat 20-May-17 16:35:52

We went to Singapore as a stopover to Australia.
I don't normally get bitten, that's usually DH. But the sods got me instead.
Came home from trip with a stowaway

Then spent a lot of time trying to get bits of the NHS to have some joined up thinking. Not happened. 4 weekly growth scans. Which thanks to the business of the clinic and an hour round trip are usually the entire morning gone....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now