Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can anyone explain parts of my scan photo? 12 + 5

(9 Posts)
EviAnastasi Fri 19-May-17 20:09:30

So I'm a bit confused about a line and a blob shape thing on my 12 + 5 scan photo. I've attached a photo with 2 arrows I draw in the areas I'm confused about. Some have said it is the nub, but is that the line or the round thing? I assumed the line was the umbilical cord... I forgot to ask the sonographer at the time as I was so overwhelmed with emotion that everything was fine with this pregnancy. Thanks xxx

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/ParasAnastasi/20170505_200041_zpsoii8mkfo_edit_1495220689793_zpsgst1ne0w.jpg

EviAnastasi Fri 19-May-17 20:10:14

I'm hoping the image link has uploaded!

AssassinatedBeauty Fri 19-May-17 20:46:24

I think the blob is the nub, but tbh it's all a bit of a mystery to me.

UnicornSparkles1 Fri 19-May-17 20:55:31

Both bits are the outline of the nub. I was obsessed by the nub theory when pregnant with my daughter.

Are you wanting blue/pink guesses?

EviAnastasi Fri 19-May-17 21:19:49

Oh I see! On my son's 12 week scan his legs were up in the air and we couldn't see a nub at all. Whereas this baby was laying in a different position so we got this on the pic. But yeah would love some guesses. To me it looks like boy bits but I don't know enough about it all! 😊

kookiecookie3 Fri 19-May-17 21:43:45

Based on the nub theory I would say girl.
Just because something is sticking out, doesn't mean it's a boy, not at this stage. Google nub theory.

EviAnastasi Fri 19-May-17 22:11:00

I've looked up the nub theory, and I know that the parts can look incredibly similar at this stage, regardless of shape/fork/stacking. It was more the confusion over the line and the blob underneath.. Just been trying to work out for definite whether they were part of the same thing of 2 separate parts of the baby. 😊 I know these are all theories and guesses anyway! X

UnicornSparkles1 Fri 19-May-17 22:13:22

I'd say girl. That nub is flat as a pancake and perfectly parallel to the baby's spine.

Congrats on the baby! flowers

1000jobstodo Fri 19-May-17 22:15:46

I vote girl too! Congratulations

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now