Talk

Advanced search

20 week scan

(11 Posts)
cazzy80 Fri 19-May-17 13:23:51

Hey everyone, I have my 20 week scan next week and I am so nervous! I have heard the heartbeat at my 16 week check up but otherwise haven't seen the little one since a scan at my booking in appointment when i was 9+6.

I am trying not to get anxious as I have been feeling little flutters yet nothing is really consistent so I am trying not to convince myself that this means something is wrong.

Aaahh pregnancy is so not an easy journey sometimes confused

kel1493 Fri 19-May-17 13:27:13

Good luck Hun. I hope it all goes well.
My 1st scan was late, around 16 weeks. Then my 2nd was around 20 weeks.
I didn't feel any movements at all, even flutters until after my scan, think it was a few weeks after (1st baby, so wasn't really sure when id be able to feel anything)
But I'm sure everything will be just fine xx

cazzy80 Fri 19-May-17 13:37:00

Thanks Kel1493, I guess I'm just panicing as I've suffered 2 losses before and although I should be glad I've made it this far I just find it a struggle not to always think the worst.

I think if all is well at the scan I will put my positive pants on and start believing that everything is going to be ok as this will also be my first baby.

I can feel the little flutters now and it's giving me hope. Thank you for your reply and good wishes flowers

Maggy74653 Fri 19-May-17 13:52:43

Good luck for your scan. I was so scared for my 20 weeks scan. I lost my first pregnancy through a missed miscarriage and found the second one so hard to get through and keep positive. My little girl is currently snoozing next to me in her mamaroo though, she is 3 weeks old today! Xx

cazzy80 Fri 19-May-17 14:09:27

Aww congratulations on your little girl Maggy, I can't wait to hopefully be at that stage. I am sure you are delighted!

I'm going to try and be positive from now on and be grateful for everything that has gone well so far smile

dede124 Fri 19-May-17 22:36:30

Me too @cazzy80 my 20 weeks scan is next Thursday and I feel so anxious even though I had a private scan at 16 weeks to find out the gender and everything seemed ok but I can't help but worry until next week so I know how you feel but I'm sure everything will be fine so don't stress flowerssmilex

cazzy80 Fri 19-May-17 23:14:46

Ah it's such a nerve recking experience isn't it 🙊 I am sure we will both be fine and we definitely need to keep positive and have faith in our little ones.

Whilst pregnancy is one of the most amazing things our bodies can do, it surely is the most anxious time.

Good luck for your scan next Thursday, I'll be thinking of you x

mummabubs Sat 20-May-17 07:36:45

I had my 20 week scan yesterday and had felt quite anxious beforehand as I hadn't really felt movements and I'd been told at 12 weeks that I have a bicornuate uterus. Thankfully it turns out my womb has stretched to normal shape so no need to worry about risks and I have an anterior placenta which explains why I haven't been feeling much. Yesterday's scan was definitely the turning point for me and I can honestly say I'm viewing this pregnancy in a whole different light now- I hope your scan has the same effect for you and good luck! 😊 xx

cazzy80 Sat 20-May-17 09:48:24

Aww thanks mummabubs and I'm so glad it went well for you! To be honest I agree, sometimes I struggle to believe there is a wee baby in there strange as it sounds 😂 but I hope I come out as pleased as you because that sounds amazing.

Will you be more closely monitored because of the anterior placenta or will you start feeling movements at some stage do you think?x

mummabubs Sat 20-May-17 11:35:06

Thanks 😊 No additional monitoring required at all, just for me to be aware that it's likely to take a few more weeks for me and hubby to be able to feel anything externally. I think the only one that needs monitoring is if you have a low lying placenta? Best of luck for your scan! Xx

cazzy80 Sat 20-May-17 12:52:01

That's good news for you then! Thanks so much and good luck for the rest of your pregnancy xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now