Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Symptoms and panicking

(14 Posts)
Seagreen25 Fri 19-May-17 09:38:47

With my first baby I was sick pretty much relentlessly until week 18 or so. I'm now just under 10 weeks with my second and the nausea seems to be dissapating already. I still feel tired and a bit queasy but it's not getting worse like with my daughter. The peak with this one so far has been 6-9 weeks. Is this a bad sign? I'm really panicking! I was expecting it to follow the same pattern as my first...

Seagreen25 Fri 19-May-17 14:02:43

Hopeful bump...

arbrighton Fri 19-May-17 14:38:20

Don't panic. As far as I can tell, every pregnancy is totally different, even for the same woman.

Try to relax

MsPavlichenko Fri 19-May-17 14:46:15

My first pregnancy I was sick until five/six months every day. Felt awful, lost weight and shattered all the time. Second no nausea at all, felt great most of the time!

Leavesandburies Fri 19-May-17 14:50:45

Symptoms, having them or not having them, are an indication of nothing at all.

Bleeding/weird severe pain etc. is an indication there might be a problem.

Seagreen25 Fri 19-May-17 14:54:50

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate everyone's responses. I just phoned the midwife who said 'it could be a bad sign' but said they only offer early scans in the case of bleeding (which I obviously understand.) I can feel myself spiralling - I think I might have to book a private scan....

ButtMuncher Fri 19-May-17 14:58:23

I fondly remember the nausea disappearing at week 10 only to come back full force by week 14 - in fact, weeks 14-17 were awful.

I've no advice other than what's already been said but best wishes. I too had a private scan as I was so anxious - but they are usually v expensive at this stage flowers

Caterina99 Fri 19-May-17 15:01:35

I was the other way round, which obviously was more reassuring in a way for me. First pregnancy I was only a bit nauseous and it was mostly over by 9 weeks. DS is nearly 2. This time round it lasted much longer and was much worse. So far all is fine. Hope you get some reassurance soon

Gooseygoosey12345 Fri 19-May-17 15:30:01

Aghh why would your midwife say that!!!!
No it's not necessarily a bad sign. I had HG with my daughter pretty much all the way through, was hospitalised, it was awful. Now 31 weeks pregnant with my son and my "sickness" (if you could call it that, it was more nausea) lasted about 2 weeks and I stopped feeling sick at all after 10 weeks bar the odd day here and there. Try not to worry cakebrewflowers

Seagreen25 Fri 19-May-17 18:29:17

Thanks all so much. I feel so normal it's freaking me out. I've booked a private scan for Sunday so fingers crossed.

NennyNooNoo Fri 19-May-17 18:40:35

Mine peaked at about 8 weeks with DS and had gone by 14 weeks. I think it peaked at about the same with DD but went on a lot longer ( 20 weeks?) It's different for different pregnancies. I have also heard that it goes on longer and is more severe with girls than boys, so maybe there's a clue there as to the sex of your baby!

NennyNooNoo Fri 19-May-17 18:44:04

Ps forgot to say it also started at least a week earlier with DD compared with DS.

Cluesue Fri 19-May-17 18:47:28

I think your midwife is talking bullshit to be honest,I had no nausea /sickness at all on dd1 on dd2 i felt nausea all afternoon and couldn't brush my teeth without throwing up every time,every pregnancy is different.

daisyrosie Sun 21-May-17 12:15:19

My morning sickness started to improve around 10wks. Between 10-12 wks the placenta takes over and hormone levels start to stabilise a bit more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now