Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sharp stomach pains, no movements.

(15 Posts)
tabithaa Thu 18-May-17 17:30:49

Turning 20 weeks on Saturday and I'm finding I'm getting sharp stabbing pains right side quite a lot and during urinating and the odd green jelly when wiping and painful stomachs at work. I haven't felt the baby, this is coming up on the 2nd day but not sure if baby's moved?

Always panic about phoning maternity unit and wasting their time if it's normal?

Ginlinessisnexttogodliness Thu 18-May-17 17:48:03

Don't worry about wasting people's time.
At twenty weeks I'm not sure you can self refer to MAU but if you can't get hold of your midwife use the OOH number for a referral as I suspect that's what they'll do.

I also don't think a lack of movement at twenty weeks is considered a worry as such, though I know of course it is to you, but think it's from about twenty four weeks bask you to keep an eye on it. However, sharp stabbing pain should really be checked out.

Hope all is ok

tabithaa Thu 18-May-17 17:55:20

Thanks gin.

I'll maybe give them a call, I called over a week ago about this pain and green jelly but was advised to go for a bath.

Think my brain is in overdrive as I felt my other 2 move etc at this stage.

Will be grey headed by the time baby arrives, lol.

glitterglitters Thu 18-May-17 17:56:50

Just seconding pp. Call them x

Ginlinessisnexttogodliness Thu 18-May-17 17:59:24

God, Tabithaa my grey hairs are multiplying, proper Brock the Badger stuff 🙈 I'm fifteen weeks with number three so not far behind you.

You will know, as I do with having been through it all twice already, that you trust your instincts and don't ever worry about seeking reassurance. And don't let them fob you off if you are not happy that things are quite right. Precious cargo and all that.

Hoe it's all resolved and nothing serious x

tabithaa Thu 18-May-17 18:01:10

Thanks ladies, will give them a call x

tabithaa Thu 18-May-17 18:02:39

3, lol. What age are your other 2? How did they take the news, lol? My oldest cried and my youngest wasn't pleased, thankfully both really excited now smile x

Ginlinessisnexttogodliness Thu 18-May-17 18:04:59

Mine are 3 years and three months and coming up to fifteen months.🙈

This baby was a colossal but gorgeous surprise as still breastfeeding and only had one proper period. Plus I am 42 so am a bit thunderstruck. But excited now.
Oldest little one is very excited and calls me potato tummy mummy and has named the baby already.

Happy days.
Let us know how you get on with things tonight / tomorrow x

jinglebellmel Thu 18-May-17 19:30:16

Give mau a call and explain all you have here - in my experience if they can see it's causing you anxiety they are happy to check you over even if they don't think there is any real cause for concern. I think at 20 weeks it's easy for the baby to move so that you can't feel them, so probably all fine, but they do say go with your gut, if it's worrying you (and the othjuer symptoms sound like they could do with checking anyway) then it is worth calling.

Scroobius Fri 19-May-17 09:42:31

Might be a bit late but if not MAU then ring you should ring gp for a same day appointment. I had these symptoms at the beginning of the week and steadily got more and more uncomfortable. Turns out I have a urine infection and bacterial vaginosis which are easily treatable with antibiotics but I left it stupidly late to get help and was in real pain by the time they kicked in.

Ginlinessisnexttogodliness Mon 22-May-17 20:12:08

@tabithaa how did you get on?
Hope all is ok

tabithaa Mon 22-May-17 20:21:43

Hey everyone. All is well, pains gone and so has the green jelly. Midwife said sounded like round ligament? Checked my urine and all clear? Movements were still minimal but last night have started feeling what feels like soft taps.

This pregnancy has been extremely different and a bit more difficult than my other 2.

Have scan on Thursday so will hopefully put my mind at ease a bit more.

Thanks ladies, sorry for not getting back to use all, in process of moving rooms and working late 🙈

Lemondrop99 Mon 22-May-17 20:32:15

Glad you called. When I read your post, my first thought was found ligament pain. I coughed earlier and got raging stabbing pains that made me yelp. Fairly sure that was round ligament pain, but it passed. Movements at tricky this early. Think you did the right thing though smile

tabithaa Mon 22-May-17 20:45:42

Lol, I dread sneezing or coughing and that's all the time as I constantly have a head cold. I will be well and truly happy when pregnancy is over and baby is here safe and sound haha.

Ginlinessisnexttogodliness Mon 22-May-17 21:25:02

@tabithaa glad all is well. I've got an awful cough and cold and felt every day like I've done a thousand sit ups, my stomach so sore of coughing all the time. Rotten stuff.
@Lemondrop99 I've had this with all three of my pregnancies, the third one it started about two weeks ago. Exactly the pain as you describe.

Ah, the joys of pregnancy 🤰🏻

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now