Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How did YOU feel at 22 weeks pregnant?

(11 Posts)
PalomaViolets Thu 18-May-17 16:38:50

I'm 22 weeks and have really struggled this week. I'm knackered, on the verge of tears (have cried on the bus and with a midwife today)have argued with a bus driver (!) could quite easily walk out on my job, feel huge and cumbersome and just generally feel massively sorry for myself. If I could hibernate I would. I looked to my Mum for sympathy and she told me I should feel lucky I have one day off this week! I'm working the 6 other days.

She's my first baby so have no comparisons.

Please tell me this is all normal!

tabithaa Thu 18-May-17 16:41:52

If it make you feel better I am only 20 weeks and feel exhausted constantly, constant aching and feel huge and unfit.

This is my 3rd and definitely the hardest 😏.

Least we have reached the peak of the hill and it's downwards now lol.

RubertRoo Thu 18-May-17 16:46:52

This is my first baby, I'm 21 weeks and so tearful and stressed and argumentative. I would never argue with anybody usually but I could argue with myself at the minute - which then ends up with me in tears at nothing.
I feel like I have a constant cold and all bunged up - it could be hayfever too.

Thankfully I have my dog to keep me sane and to walk to get out and some fresh air but I'm starting to struggle slightly and get worn out walking her!

It's all so confusing isn't it - hoping that it is all normal and I'm not just going mad.

Holz657 Thu 18-May-17 16:52:08

I was really tired, grumpy and very emotional. I kept waiting for that burst of energy everyone talks about in the second tri but it never came!! 30 weeks now and actually feeling better than I did back then.

stepmum88 Thu 18-May-17 21:55:48

Am 21 weeks with my first DC-was over exhausted for the first 3&1/2 months.... had a week or so of energy.....& now am back to being utterly shattered beyond belief..... hoping the wave of energy comes back because to be quite honest..... the next 4 months won't be fun otherwise!

Badgerbird Thu 18-May-17 22:25:19

Hi OP, I just wanted to second what holz had says and say I've felt better in 3rd trimester. I'm 39 weeks now and getting tired but up till now was better than around the 22 week mark.
Hope you feel better soon and congratulations .

Babyonboard101 Thu 18-May-17 22:27:56

36+4 and I felt just like that, was really down and had no energy to even out my make up on. Now my back is agony but I couldn't be more energised so for me at least the crappy feeling gets easier smile

Babyonboard101 Thu 18-May-17 22:27:59

36+4 and I felt just like that, was really down and had no energy to even out my make up on. Now my back is agony but I couldn't be more energised so for me at least the crappy feeling gets easier smile

jitterbug5 Fri 19-May-17 08:45:52

I'm 21 weeks tomorrow and I feel exactly the same. Had so many breakdowns this week, I've been signed off work! blush in my defence I'm getting married in 3 weeks and I've also got to move out before baby is here so my life is one huge whirlwind! So glad I'm not alone in feeling so crappy!

BenjaminLinus Fri 19-May-17 08:52:09

With the first pregnancy by 25 weeks I felt like the most pregnant person ever, with every symptom a big surprise and some difficult to deal with, by 41 weeks I realised that at 25 weeks things hadn't actually been too bad.

With the second pregnancy I didn't have time to dwell on symptoms and struggled to remember how many weeks I was anyway, as only an 18 month age gap.

It 's completely normal, and doesn't get better or worse, just different.

PalomaViolets Fri 19-May-17 09:42:21

Thank you lovely people for letting me know I'm not through only one out there. I know it'll all be worth it in the end.

I saw my bump moving for the first time last night which was quite poignant and cheered me up.

Good luck to everyone and fingers crossed we all feel better soon! Have a lovely day in 3 weeks Jitterbug!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now