Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Funky Baby Clothes

(27 Posts)
confusedat23 Thu 18-May-17 09:19:45

So I really like Funky Baby clothes!... We are planning on keeping DC in sleepsuits until 6 months, and I really like the Next and H&M ones but wondered if anywhere else did funky ones too?

Any suggestions very welcome grin

arbrighton Thu 18-May-17 10:01:11

Depends on how you define 'funky' I guess.

I've got one or two from JojoMamanBebe but they are really expensive - one with dinosaurs on

A Pacman one from mothercare which DH spotted and I bought for him as a baby present

Mothercare might be worth a look, they change them a lot

OhHolyFuck Thu 18-May-17 10:03:51

Frugi are 'funky'

itchi Thu 18-May-17 10:08:39

Search for Scandi baby clothes, lovely bright colours and patterns. Maxomorra, Småfolk, Polarn O. Pyret just a few examples, expensive but often organic and sell on well. Also Frugi, again expensive but colourful and good quality, Little Bird at Mothercare has some lovely stuff too, imo.
Dunno how you feel about Facebook and buying pre-loved but there are lots of selling pages with people quite fanatic about funky baby clothes, where you can buy all kinds of pre-loved (and often new) awesome clothes not available on the high street and then sell on again afterwards.

flyingsprocket Thu 18-May-17 14:19:37

Harley make amazing sleep suits with zips and you can get cheaper, zipped sleep suits from gap. I get fed up of poppers!

loveulotslikejellytots Thu 18-May-17 14:22:25

My sister tie-dyed dd a t shirt last summer, no reason why you couldn't do it with a baby grow.

Littlejayx Thu 18-May-17 14:40:12

Sleep-No-More, really cute quirky baby grows

PuffTheMagicDragon1 Thu 18-May-17 15:00:43

I love my little one in baby grows! M&S do cool ones, expensive but good quality and b&m bargains do some really funky ones. Also if you have a matalan nearby they sometimes have cool ones, also Tesco. Keep all the ones dc grows out of and use them to make a patchwork blanket!

jinglebellmel Thu 18-May-17 19:34:00

Boots have some lovely ones (if you don't mind second hand I've found lots of theirs on eBay, much bigger selection than in the shop). It's one of the only places I've found things which aren't overly girly and the boys stuff is quite funky too.

donkey86 Thu 18-May-17 20:02:47

I second littlejayx's recommendation - I've got some great babygrows from sleep-no-more.com/ I like the birds one best.

forfuckssakenet Thu 18-May-17 20:06:55

Mothercare actually have done funky sleepsuits and much cheaper than frugi. Little bird range is great but also their own brand. Had my DD in lovely bright blue and yellow 70s style flowers. Sounds horrid but I loved it. Think a few people were hmmright enough.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Thu 18-May-17 20:12:18

There's a really good online shop called Cissy Wears that have all sorts of funky baby stuff. I heard about them from a friend whose children are the most stylish kids EVER

jinglebellmel Thu 18-May-17 22:10:59

I've just looked at sleep no more, thought I'd finished shopping, holding you both responsible!

Ginlinessisnexttogodliness Thu 18-May-17 22:20:22

Frugi definitely.
Also
Little Green Radicals
Piccalilly

ineedadream Thu 18-May-17 22:21:07

I have a couple from Lil' Cubs as do Ronnie Wood's twins! Can't get funkier than that!

ineedadream Thu 18-May-17 22:23:09

Sorry this would help https://lilcubs.co.uk

NameChange30 Thu 18-May-17 22:31:55

Joules - I never really shopped there before but am definitely a fan of their baby clothes. We were given some lovely things as presents and also bought a great sleepsuit in the sale.

Frugi - my favourite, expensive but sometimes on sale on the Babipur website for example.

Little Bird at Mothercare

Boots have some colourful outfits too

Personally not such a fan of Polarn o Pyret, expensive and the designs aren't as good as Frugi IMO. Worth looking in the sale though.

confusedat23 Fri 19-May-17 07:31:17

Thank you everyone so much for your suggestions! Sorry for the lateness in my response!

I'm going for my private scan today to see of Boy or Girl before going to the baby show tomorrow and I can't wait to Buy Everything pick funky stuff from your suggestions!

DH doesn't want Second hand but i can sneak it to mum and dads and get them to wash them so he doesn't know! Lol

Lemondrop99 Fri 19-May-17 08:22:27

Look on Facebook too. I've found a few conlanieues who are just mum's at home who handmade some beautiful and original babygros. Several of them ship in fabric from America so it's unusual to see anything remotely similar elsewhere.

17caterpillars1mouse Fri 19-May-17 09:30:18

Little bird at mothercare
The mylene class range (think it's called baby K) at mothercare of you like black and white
Bluezoo at debenhams
Sainsbury for girls (boys aren't that great). Morrison's for boys
Etsy (boy and bird are good for rompers)

17caterpillars1mouse Fri 19-May-17 09:31:15

Oh and i second boots!

JB1983 Fri 19-May-17 10:05:06

confused Emma neale stuff is really cute and a bit different.

www.etsy.com/uk/shop/EmmaNealeHandmade

Chardanna123 Fri 19-May-17 20:25:36

www.babymoos.com

TheLegendOfBeans Fri 19-May-17 20:28:54

Boots do some ace stuff.

There's a Swedish company called DUNS that do pretty awesome clobber (dear though)

www.dunssweden.se

Congrats on the baby OP and tell us what you're having x

YouCantArgueWithStupid Fri 19-May-17 20:41:29

Boots baby club do THE BEST baby grows in funky prints

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now