Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Red splotches appearing on belly button (pictures)

(5 Posts)
SuperPissed Wed 17-May-17 23:02:29

I'm 32+5 and am probably being extremely overly paranoid but can anyone tell me what these splotches are?

They've only appeared in the last hour and are getting brighter. It's not itchy or raised, and close up looks like a bunch of burst blood vessels. I haven't bashed into anything that would cause a bruise or anything like that.

I know it's probably nothing and I'm probably overthinking, but had a midwife appointment today and was told I'm measuring under what I should be (having a scan tomorrow) and that my blood pressure is quite low, so was already worrying a fair bit before these splotches showed.

Innermagic Wed 17-May-17 23:16:18

May be a little stretch mark appearing hard to tell

Katmeifyoucan Wed 17-May-17 23:20:01

It could be a rash or welts which I got during my pregnancy. No idea why. I am no doctor but I have never ever heard of a problem with a baby manifesting itself on the mother's skin. You and your baby will be fine.

ArtOfKnit Thu 18-May-17 06:08:12

Have you got an old belly button piercing? I do, and I've got red welts in between the top and bottom of the piercing - stretchmarks! It seems to be quite common unfortunately.

NoOneLikesACrispyTowel Thu 18-May-17 12:44:05

yeah that's your belly button stretching.

it happens to the best of us and isn't cause for worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now