Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Booking In

(3 Posts)
MummyZoe86 Wed 17-May-17 22:07:34

Good evening all

I've recently found out I'm around 6 weeks pregnant so I made a Drs appointment for Friday. The Dr rang me this evening to say that if i have had a positive then I don't need to go in and see a Dr, I just need to let the receptionist know I'm pregnant.

Is this the norm?

Many thanks! X

HbH Wed 17-May-17 22:11:44

I went to the surgery to enquire & the receptionist booked me straight in with the midwife for my 'Booking in appointment' at 8 weeks. Seems like it cuts out an unnecessary step, for both parties, so was fine with me!

arbrighton Wed 17-May-17 22:26:49

Totally normal- I just got given the midwife number by GP reception to book myself in. Tests you buy now are just as sensitive as the dipsticks GPs have and as readily available (ok probably more so than GP appts)

I did also see GP later on, but that was because I needed to discuss whether to continue with antidepressants and what if anything I'd be able to use for eczema and hayfever

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now