Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20 weeks and haven't felt my baby move

(16 Posts)
dede124 Wed 17-May-17 21:34:00

Should I be worried?

Iv always carries a bit of extra weight on my stomach and even now my bump looks a bit bigger than it actually is. Does that make a difference to feeling any movement?

My last scan was a 3D scan nearly 4 weeks ago and everything seemed ok. Would I have any signs if anything was wrong?

Thanks biscuit

honeysucklejasmine Wed 17-May-17 21:36:31

Did they tell you where your placenta was? It's normal not to feel anything until 22+ weeks, maybe more if you have an anterior placenta.

honeysucklejasmine Wed 17-May-17 21:37:39

Fyi the emoji you used is a biscuit and is usually used to indicate you think a poster is a bit of a twat. 😂

DueOct30th Wed 17-May-17 21:39:01

Can you remember if your placenta was anterior? This made a difference for me this time round didn't feel anything till about 23 weeks and it's my 3rd baby.

Even if it's not an anterior placenta I don't think 20 weeks is that far along not to feel kicks. Its such a worrying time being pregnant isn't it!

Kazups22 Wed 17-May-17 21:40:53

I didnt feel definite movements until around 24 weeks. Im quite petite and had a small bump

DueOct30th Wed 17-May-17 21:41:06

www.kickscount.org.uk/mums/your-babys-movements/ This site gives a lot of good info on movements etc

KnockedOutByMyNungaNungas Wed 17-May-17 21:45:26

I only felt movements after my 20 week scan, I think all the prodding woke her up a bit! So about 20+5. I'm 29 weeks now and it's constant, I miss the little flutters from early on! I wouldn't be too concerned this early but do call your midwife if it's on your mind as stress can be bad for your blood pressure x

RNBrie Wed 17-May-17 21:47:29

It can depend a lot on where your placenta is. My first I felt at 17 weeks but the other two were over 22 weeks before I felt them move.

Lemondrop99 Wed 17-May-17 23:46:52

I'm 20+4 with my first pregnancy and haven't felt anything yet (although I felt a few dull thuds tonight followed by a pop sensation - which I'm hoping might be movement. I don't know what I'm looking for so it's hard to know).

A few friends told me they didn't really anything until 21/22 weeks. It's frustrating but don't worry yet, it's normal.

SnapAttack Thu 18-May-17 00:22:52

Try not to worry too much... Lots of people don't feel it til 20 weeks plus. I only just started feeling something and I am 19 weeks with my 2nd. Felt it earlier with my first .

Love the fact you gave yourself a biscuit 😂

Bue Thu 18-May-17 00:29:39

Totally normal, I felt movement with DD at 21 weeks and this pregnancy I started feeling it properly at 19 weeks. I've had two anterior placentas and I bet you do too. But even if not it's still well within normal to not have felt movement yet, especially with a first baby.

Impatientwino Thu 18-May-17 07:43:09

DS1 - 23 weeks before that little monkey moved!

DS2 - little flutters from 15 weeks but nothing consistent until 20 weeks

DS3 - have only started getting flutters this week at 21 weeks

All my placentas have been anterior so that muffles movement.

Try not to worry - soon you'll be feeling movements but it might be a couple of weeks yet.

Hollyhop17 Thu 18-May-17 08:08:48

Its my first and I didnt feel movement until 21/22 weeks. So I think its quite normal, I wouldnt worry. My midwife told me she'd expect it by my 25 week appt so that put my mind at ease.

dede124 Thu 18-May-17 09:54:47

Omg... that's hilarious I thought it was a flower 😂🙈

dede124 Thu 18-May-17 09:58:08

Thanks everyone made me feel a bit better. Hopefully will be soon... I can't wait to feel her move all I can feel is trapped wind 😩 😂 😒

arbrighton Thu 18-May-17 09:59:09

It might not actually be trapped wind, might be her, they're pretty similar to start with

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now