Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Antibiotics have given me bad thrush 2 days before induction - help!

(7 Posts)
Rockspin Wed 17-May-17 14:30:42

Oh lord it's awful, prescribed amoxicillin for a UTI and it's given me thrush. Not just mild thrush either, combined with the overall swelling down there it is a painful, horrid mess. I'm booked for an induction at 8am on Friday. I tried a canestan pessary last night as midwife said it was safe but it dissolved and mostly ended up on a panty liner and hasn't helped much today, also got external cream. Have asked DH to bring home natural yogurt later. It's just so awful down there I can't image having exams and pessary when like this confused
Would you stop the amoxicillin in the hope it clears up before Friday? I'm halfway through the course.
Help!!!

NotAnotherUserName5 Wed 17-May-17 14:40:21

Don't stop the antibiotics. A uti is no fun either.

Loose underwear, loose joggers or similar-no tight leggings or jeans.

A good quality probiotic designed for pregnancy and thrush such as Opti Bac

Going knickerless in bed

Natural yogurt

Cut down sugar

I'd probably throw all the above at it and see what happens

Good luck with induction. I'm sure you can make an impact on the thrush. flowers

Rockspin Wed 17-May-17 14:53:05

Oooh optibac! I'd forgotten all about it, off to boots now.
Thanks for the tips, will try everything, any improvement will be better than none and I'll keep on with the antibiotics smile

confusedat23 Wed 17-May-17 15:03:27

Hey OP I used to get Thrush really bad and found myself better off not using the cream and just in a very unladylike fashion lay about the house without pants on and air the area out... sorry for TMI 😳

Has your midwife said anything about postponing induction by a few days?

NotAnotherUserName5 Wed 17-May-17 15:07:56

Oh and a cream called Linea Mamma cleanser is fab too.

Can you tell I've had thrush a few times in this pregnancy?! grin

Rockspin Wed 17-May-17 15:28:54

Thank you! smile

Can't postpone as I have complications and baby has to come out (37 weeks today) unfortunately. But I will definitely go knickerless later after my bath!

Rockspin Wed 17-May-17 16:08:34

I'm going to have a bath shortly, obviously nothing scented or bubbly but is there anything else I can put in the bath to help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now