Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

St Albans- Watford or Lister? Gender scan?

(5 Posts)
Catiinthehat Wed 17-May-17 13:04:49

Hi, we are in St Albans and about 30 minutes from both Watford and Lister. (We're in between) Was just wondering what people's experiences of giving birth were in either hospital.
Also, do any of the trusts give out gender information at the 20week scan? There seems to be a document online saying west Herts do now? However conflicting info from parents. Thanks

MissBax Wed 17-May-17 13:30:59

Don't all mid pregnancy scans allow you to find out the sex?

DaisyDaisydoo Wed 17-May-17 16:05:50

Only have experience of Lister which has been mostly very positive considering a very traumatic emcs, the care was amazing. Second time round they are looking after me very well and are being understanding and reassuring regarding last time. They told us the sex as well. Good luck!

westeringhome Wed 17-May-17 16:47:53

MissBax not all places do have a look for the sex, in my area they absolutely don't any more as there were (apparently) several cases where they got it wrong and the people involved tried to take legal action hmm We have to pay for private scans if we want to find out. 21 years ago I was told tiny girl and he was actually big boy lol, so it is never 100% anyway. Sorry no actual help to you OP but just wanted to say that not all places might do it.

MissBax Wed 17-May-17 18:47:33

westering - oh really? How strange. You'd think they'd just say it's not 100% but looks like boy/girl, rather than not say at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now