Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not feeling pregnant.

(1 Post)
momma0105 Wed 17-May-17 11:52:52

Hi there. I am 18 weeks pregnant. The pregnancy was a surprise however me and my husband are very happy.

Since discovering that I was pregnant I have felt no real emotional attachment to our baby. I am so lucky and grateful for this pregnancy, however I am finding it hard as not naturally maternal.

I have experienced no sickness, no pains, no cravings, no feelings and last of all, no real bump. I am finding it hard to emotionally accept I am pregnant due to the lack of attachment and no real feelings of being pregnant.

I count myself lucky that I have not felt ill or being too big that I cant fit into my clothes. but I am waiting for something visible to make me excited and enjoy this pregnancy. I don't think I have really experienced the highs and lows of being pregnant and that upsets me.

We are approaching our 20 week scan. Originally we didn't want to know the sex. I think it was at the time I thought I would be good for me as I wouldn't over analyse etc, but now I am thinking do we? maybe I would feel more attached knowing I was having a little boy or girl?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now