Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy after 2 m/c - nervous

(9 Posts)
NW10teacher Tue 16-May-17 22:50:08

Hi,
I'm basically just after some advice on this one! I've had two m/c within a few months of each other and I found out last week that I am pregnant again (7 weeks). We were quite honestly not meaning to try again so soon, but it has just sort of happened!! I lost my last 2 at 8 weeks and 9 weeks respectively and I'm finding that I'm just in an absolute state of paranoia and I cannot relax at all! I had horrendous morning sickness today and took the morning off, but after a bit I was going so crazy at home that I dragged myself in anyway for the afternoon when I was still feeling icky.

Basically, I'm worried about having another m/c and I'm worried that being so worried is going to make it more likely! I know I just need to chill out but it's kind of not happening. Does anyone have any words of advice?

So sorry for the moan!

Iamthedogsmother Tue 16-May-17 23:02:05

This happened to me. I had two mcs. After the second I got pregnant again three months later. I was terrified and spent the whole time feeling like I was made of glass. Dd was the result, now 8.

There's nothing anyone can say to stop your worries. Do you have any reasons for the mcs? I didn't. What about any early pregnancy scan? Its natural to feel anxious, sit tight and just take one day at a time. Before my mcs I had DS. When I was pregnant with him, my mum was terminally ill. I was terrified the grief and stress I had would damage DS, it didn't, he was fine. Whatever will be, will be, stay calm, good luck x

NW10teacher Tue 16-May-17 23:02:36

Should also have mentioned that there were no complications with the 2 mc, and no obvious reasons for them having happened. My GP (who is lovely) said it seemed like "just bad luck".

NW10teacher Tue 16-May-17 23:07:17

Thanks for your lovely message and I'm glad your pregnancy following the 2 mc went well in the end! Nope, there was no obvious reason for either of them. I am due for a scan at 10 wks. I totally understand what you mean by feeling like you're made out of glass - I'm totally paranoid and being as I work in a school where 14 year olds practically double my size charge around like stampeding elephants and frequently career into you in the corridors, it's not an ideal combination!

Aria2015 Tue 16-May-17 23:14:02

Aw you have my sympathy, I have been in your shoes and know that anxiety all too well. Firstly, don't make yourself more anxious worrying about being anxious! Secondly, try and take things a day at a time and distract yourself as best as you can with anything you can!

I was lucky because I got given early and regular scans in the first 12 weeks of my third pregnancy and I have to say that did help me feel a bit better. Are early scans an option for you?

I must confess my anxiety didn't leave me throughout my pregnancy. It was pretty tough and not a happy time but it did have a happy ending and that third pregnancy was successful so I hope that gives you hope.

I hope that it's third time lucky for you too! Good luck and congratulations!!!

NW10teacher Tue 16-May-17 23:18:28

Thank you! It makes me feel more positive just to know that others have been through the same and with a happy outcome...

I did ask about the early scans but the 10 wk scan was all I was offered. And I guess there are others with actual medical reasons for needing them more (rather than just being paranoid, like me!) so I do understand that...

Aria2015 Tue 16-May-17 23:28:30

Oh good, 10 weeks is better than waiting to 12 weeks. I know each day feels like a week though!

I think I got the scans because I fell pregnant straight after the second miscarriage (before having a period) and initially they didn't think I was pregnant again but scanned to check and saw a heartbeat and then they just kept inviting me back every two weeks! That stopped when I got to 12 weeks though.

I ended up paying a consultant for two private scans at around 28 and 38 weeks though. I just was so paranoid something would go wrong that I wanted a medical professional to check everything. Luckily my dh indulged me!

ticklycough Wed 17-May-17 07:37:54

Hi. I had 2 Mc's a while ago and found out I was pregnant again the end of last year. I was so worried history would repeat itself, I know exactly how you're feeling. Every day felt like a milestone up to 12 weeks. I expected to find blood every time I used the bathroom. It's a good sign you've got morning sickness, as it's likely your pregnancy hormones are rising so take some comfort in that. I'm 31 weeks now with our rainbow baby 😊 fingers crossed for you, there's every chance you'll be OK.

JustAWestcountryGirl Wed 17-May-17 07:55:15

Totally know how you feel!
Two miscarriages, pregnant again and terrified!
Didn't even discuss names or buy anything until a few weeks before due date.
Thankfully here she is, happy and healthy!
The midwife who I saw during my second miscarriage told me something reassuring. She said that they see women having their first miscarriage several times a day, they see women having their second miscarriage maybe once or twice a week, they see women habit their third miscarriage maybe three or four times a year.
The odds are massively stacked in your favour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now