Talk

Advanced search

Please can you guess the sex?

(9 Posts)
theclick Tue 16-May-17 21:27:40

Scans were taken at 12 weeks...I think girl but I know that secretly DH wants a boy! At 15 week scan ultrasound tech kept saying boy but I've heard they just choose a gender and stick with it.

theclick Wed 17-May-17 12:53:34

Anyone? blush

MissBax Wed 17-May-17 13:33:23

Very unclear pictures sweetheart, and no visible nub! Sorry!

Kennethnoisewater Wed 17-May-17 13:37:43

I very much doubt any qualified sonogropher just chooses a gender and sticks with it hmm how insulting. Unless you've been to one of those pop up next to the chippy type ultrasound places, in which case I'd advise waiting til the 20 week scan....

MissBax Wed 17-May-17 13:39:47

Have you got the scan from 15 weeks? As Kenneth says - why would they do that? If they can't tell they'd just say that

Whereisthecake Wed 17-May-17 13:45:13

I can't tell. And I'm sure they wouldn't just guess because they didn't know. They would just say that it was too unclear and they couldn't work it out.
Just wait til the 20 week scan.

theclick Wed 17-May-17 14:23:29

I very much doubt any qualified sonogropher just chooses a gender and sticks with it * how insulting. Unless you've been to one of those pop up next to the chippy type ultrasound places, in which case I'd advise waiting til the 20 week scan....*

He kept saying "he" at the 15 week scan (I didn't have the pics as again baby had its back to us!) and when I googled if sonographers do that, i.e. Say genders or mistakenly can, a lot of people on other forums had said this happened to them and it didn't mean anything, it just meant some sonographers just either always said he or she...

theclick Wed 17-May-17 14:59:04

Sorry I should be clear, sonographer wasn't like "you have a boy!". He just kept calling the baby he.

westeringhome Wed 17-May-17 16:05:27

I knew exactly what you meant OP - the sonographer at our local hospital always refers to babies as "he", she said it was just for continuity and sounds better than "it". It is comical how PC you have to be on here. Unfortunately your pics are a little unclear for guesses, they are lovely though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now