Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Endometriosis and labour

(5 Posts)
MissBax Tue 16-May-17 19:31:47

Was just wondering whether anyone with endometriosis could tell me about their labour experiences? Did you go into labour prematurely? Did you hemorrhage? Any ante/post natal issues?
I've just found out my OH has to work away for 5 weeks from weeks 30-35 of my pregnancy and starting to worry as there's an increased risk of premature labour / antenatal hemorrhage etc. He's hoping he can get his placement changed due to me being a high risk pregnancy, but just wanted to hear anyone else's experiences if you're willing to share! Thank you.

MissBax Wed 17-May-17 08:24:39

Anyone? Or any gynecologists out there who can shed a little light of first hand info. I can Google and find statistics but would much rather hear about RL experiences...

RebeccaNoodles Wed 17-May-17 09:52:51

Hi! I'm not an expert but maybe can reassure you a bit - I have very severe endometriosis (have had major surgery for it in the past) and I'm 35 weeks pg. I have never heard of any risks associated with endo and labour/haemorrhage ... Not sure where you heard that? I've had multiple antenatal appointments with umpteen midwives who have never been concerned by my endo either! I am classed as low risk for pregnancy. This info page from the NCT doesn't mention any complications either: www.nct.org.uk/pregnancy/endometriosis-and-pregnancy

Not sure what else to add but I'd suggest you speak to your midwife about this and/or contact the endo charity www.endometriosis-uk.org/ - hopefully they can reassure you.

Sorry your OH has to be away for 5 weeks though - that is a long time. Maybe ask friends/family to keep you company and be an emergency contact in the (highly unlikely!) even anything happens?
Congratulations on your pregnancy. flowers

MissBax Wed 17-May-17 12:35:48

Hi Rebecca, thanks for the message smile and congratulations on your pregnancy too!
I'd been told that by my GP, although I do have other gyne issues as well as endo so maybe that's why he said that to me.
I'm actually at the midwife in the morning so will definitely ask her a bit more then too! Yeah it is a pain, fingers crossed they can send someone else and he can stay!

RebeccaNoodles Wed 17-May-17 12:39:39

Hmmm ... well I hesitate to contradict your GP though they are not always (ever?!) experts on endometriosis!! Maybe there were some crossed wires - definitely ask your midwife and maybe ask to see an obstetric doc too if you have concerns.
Hopefully your OH can get out of working away, I think that's fair enough with a partner who's 30 weeks pg! Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now