Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Scan tomorrow and so anxious

(3 Posts)
NannyPlum82 Tue 16-May-17 17:55:34

I'm approx 12+6 tomorrow and have my scan at 10.30 tomorrow.

I am terrified. This is my fourth pregnancy, and will be our third baby. Our second son was stillborn at full term in 2011.

I had early bleeding with my eldest and youngest boys so we had had early reassurance scans at 6 weeks with them.

I've been feeling crap, although am now getting better and my tummy is huge. I have terrible PGP and have already had to have physio.

However I am still scared. I feel terrified at the thought of going into a scan room. I am scared to go in the same room where they told us our baby had died. I don't want to tell our parents bad news again. I know it's crazy and irrational but I am just so frightened.

I worry that people will say what are you worrying about, you've had a healthy baby since you lost your baby. But my head doesn't work like that.

Roll on tomorrow!

Wolfiefan Tue 16-May-17 17:57:38

Of course it doesn't work like that. Of course you are anxious. But the odds are completely in your favour. Hoping you come away feeling reassured and with a lovely scan picture to keep.

NannyPlum82 Tue 16-May-17 20:11:04

Thanks Wolfiefan xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: