Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anterior placenta

(8 Posts)
tootsieglitterballs Tue 16-May-17 17:30:07

Had another scan today, 12+4 , and I have an anterior placenta at the moment.

Have many other people had this and found its moved by 20 weeks or beyond?

If not, how was the rest of pregnancy/labour etc.

I had an EMCS last time, and the plan this time is for a planned section.

confusedat23 Tue 16-May-17 17:33:20

Hey OP I have anterior placenta too and as far as i understand it just moves up as your uterous grows as opposed to not being Anterior anymore

Zampa Tue 16-May-17 17:34:53

I had an anterior placenta. Wasn't an issue although it meant I didn't feel DD moving around as much.

Lottie991 Tue 16-May-17 17:35:33

Do u mean its a low lying anterior or just an anterior?

tootsieglitterballs Tue 16-May-17 18:16:45

At the moment, she's just written in my notes anterior placenta, not low lying, which is great. I've been told they will check again at the 20w scan to confirm exactly where it is.

Would they have been able to yell at this point if it's attached to my old scar? All these questions you think of after the appointment, they should give you 10 minutes thinking time to come back and ask questions...!

DuggeeHugs Tue 16-May-17 19:26:38

I have an anterior placenta. The midwife suggested I ask the sonographer at the 20 week scan to show me where it was located. The sonographer showed me it was nowhere near my scar and it gave me an indicator for where I might struggle to feel kicking.

Might be worth asking at your scan?

Topsyloulou Tue 16-May-17 19:36:37

I had an anterior placenta with DS & I still felt a fair amount of kicking! 12 week scan shows possible anterior placenta again this time but they will check further at 20 week scan.

Smurfy23 Tue 16-May-17 23:44:23

I have an anterior placenta. It meant I took a little bit longer I think to definitely start feeling things. Im now 35 weeks and can definitely feel them in there, albeit maybe more on the sides and top

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now