Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

When did people announce pg officially?

(13 Posts)
dddddddddd Tue 16-May-17 17:15:06

Im just 8 weeks but keeping it in is actually killing me!! My immediate family know but I just want to run into the street and scream it at everyone!!confused

Teabagtits Tue 16-May-17 17:17:45

I'm 33 weeks and still most of the people I know don't know about it. It's pretty hard to hide now (although according to a woman in a shop today apparently not) so if I meet someone they'll be able to tell but I always found it really awkward to just come out with im pregnant. Time never seemed appropriate so I didn't bother.

jmscp2015 Tue 16-May-17 17:39:42

12 weeks but a lot of people had publicly guessed beforehand which was incredibly annoying. I just became a recluse until announced grin

thatwhichwecallarose Tue 16-May-17 17:42:43

1st time after 12 week scan
2nd time at 8 weeks ish (mmc unfortunately)
3rd time at about 20 weeks (I'd gotten pregnant between accepting and starting new job so wanted new boss to know first)

tootsieglitterballs Tue 16-May-17 18:18:45

First baby, we didn't at all.
This time we did after our first scan at 11+2.

arbrighton Tue 16-May-17 18:33:01

Immediate family very early on

Friends as I saw them around 8-10 weeks

Then astute but not close friends twigged that coming off my meds, which I did announce, implied it.

Otherwise, xmas as I was 12 weeks but no 'announcement' more confirming the rumour mill

AnUtterIdiot Tue 16-May-17 18:39:18

I told lots of people last time round very early as I had had an early reassurance scan, but then I miscarried and really wished I hadn't as I then had to tell everyone that it wasn't to be and going over it again and again was hard.

This time round I have told two people apart from DH and that's it. If I get to 12 weeks and a healthy scan I will think about telling people then.

Wombletor Tue 16-May-17 21:15:56

Last time I told people when i was 24 weeks. My DD had been asking if there was a baby in my tummy so I thought it was time! I liked keeping it to myself, I didn't want a big announcement and if did hadn't asked, I would have literally kept it under wraps until I couldn't conceal it any longer.

This time round I'll wait until at least after my anomaly scan.

dddddddddd Tue 16-May-17 21:23:32

So really I need to wait until at least my dating scan? I'm sure I'll burst by then!grin

twinkle1972 Tue 16-May-17 21:33:52

You can do it whenever you like. Think some are just a bit cautious especially if they have experienced past loss. Personal choice really

Jessiecat27 Tue 16-May-17 21:38:24

I told work and colleagues at 5 weeks, just because I thought I'd rather them know why I was having appointments and days off etc, my oh wanted to tell the world he was so excited so we pretty much did around 6/7 weeks! I was worried about telling people so early as I didn't want to jinx it but it's entirely up to you!

BentleyBelly Tue 16-May-17 22:00:07

Haven't done a big announcement just told people as I see them. Currently 19 weeks. However there are pics of me on fb from a hen do this weekend just gone and it's very obvious so i'm sure loads more people now know!

StylishDuck Tue 16-May-17 22:16:03

I told my work as soon as I found out (4+4) as due to the nature of my work they needed to make adjustments straight away. We told parents straightaway too because we wanted them to know. Rest of the family/friends, we've told some and will tell the rest as we see them. I'm only 6+1 now and feel like everyone knows! If I hadn't had to tell my work we'd have kept it quiet a bit longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now