Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did people announce pg officially?

(13 Posts)
dddddddddd Tue 16-May-17 17:15:06

Im just 8 weeks but keeping it in is actually killing me!! My immediate family know but I just want to run into the street and scream it at everyone!!confused

Teabagtits Tue 16-May-17 17:17:45

I'm 33 weeks and still most of the people I know don't know about it. It's pretty hard to hide now (although according to a woman in a shop today apparently not) so if I meet someone they'll be able to tell but I always found it really awkward to just come out with im pregnant. Time never seemed appropriate so I didn't bother.

jmscp2015 Tue 16-May-17 17:39:42

12 weeks but a lot of people had publicly guessed beforehand which was incredibly annoying. I just became a recluse until announced grin

thatwhichwecallarose Tue 16-May-17 17:42:43

1st time after 12 week scan
2nd time at 8 weeks ish (mmc unfortunately)
3rd time at about 20 weeks (I'd gotten pregnant between accepting and starting new job so wanted new boss to know first)

tootsieglitterballs Tue 16-May-17 18:18:45

First baby, we didn't at all.
This time we did after our first scan at 11+2.

arbrighton Tue 16-May-17 18:33:01

Immediate family very early on

Friends as I saw them around 8-10 weeks

Then astute but not close friends twigged that coming off my meds, which I did announce, implied it.

Otherwise, xmas as I was 12 weeks but no 'announcement' more confirming the rumour mill

AnUtterIdiot Tue 16-May-17 18:39:18

I told lots of people last time round very early as I had had an early reassurance scan, but then I miscarried and really wished I hadn't as I then had to tell everyone that it wasn't to be and going over it again and again was hard.

This time round I have told two people apart from DH and that's it. If I get to 12 weeks and a healthy scan I will think about telling people then.

Wombletor Tue 16-May-17 21:15:56

Last time I told people when i was 24 weeks. My DD had been asking if there was a baby in my tummy so I thought it was time! I liked keeping it to myself, I didn't want a big announcement and if did hadn't asked, I would have literally kept it under wraps until I couldn't conceal it any longer.

This time round I'll wait until at least after my anomaly scan.

dddddddddd Tue 16-May-17 21:23:32

So really I need to wait until at least my dating scan? I'm sure I'll burst by then!grin

twinkle1972 Tue 16-May-17 21:33:52

You can do it whenever you like. Think some are just a bit cautious especially if they have experienced past loss. Personal choice really

Jessiecat27 Tue 16-May-17 21:38:24

I told work and colleagues at 5 weeks, just because I thought I'd rather them know why I was having appointments and days off etc, my oh wanted to tell the world he was so excited so we pretty much did around 6/7 weeks! I was worried about telling people so early as I didn't want to jinx it but it's entirely up to you!

BentleyBelly Tue 16-May-17 22:00:07

Haven't done a big announcement just told people as I see them. Currently 19 weeks. However there are pics of me on fb from a hen do this weekend just gone and it's very obvious so i'm sure loads more people now know!

StylishDuck Tue 16-May-17 22:16:03

I told my work as soon as I found out (4+4) as due to the nature of my work they needed to make adjustments straight away. We told parents straightaway too because we wanted them to know. Rest of the family/friends, we've told some and will tell the rest as we see them. I'm only 6+1 now and feel like everyone knows! If I hadn't had to tell my work we'd have kept it quiet a bit longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now