Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

32 weeks and horrendous piles

(7 Posts)
mummy2pickle Tue 16-May-17 15:47:36

Hello

I am suffering really bad with piles and they are making everything uncomfortable, walking and sitting even going for a wee puts strain on them.
I read somewhere about a natural cream that really helps with the discomfort. I have been prescribed schoriproct and use prep h wipes but was looking for the cream/balm that everyone recommended.

Can anyone help I am so worried about the state of my bum after labour

samatamfabahaba Tue 16-May-17 15:53:58

I used Anusol and it's been really good. The most important thing is managing the constipation though, and never ever straining or sitting on the loo for too long. They're right little fuckers aren't they, I wish I'd known how bad they could be and I'd have been a lot more careful on the loo!!!

Teabagtits Tue 16-May-17 16:26:01

I got mine be from pressure in my pelvis when baby was low and nothing to do with constipation. I tried scheriproct but it wasn't very good but anusol or germaloids or something took the sting away. Eventually it popped and made a bit of a mess but instant relief. I've never heard of balm for piles before tho

greenkecks Tue 16-May-17 16:30:29

Sorry to hijack, I was about to start a thread after name changing when I saw this blush

I'm 28 weeks pregnant.

Today I've been to the loo (poo) twice and there has been bright red blood when wiping. Only a little bit and goes away completely after 1 or 2 wipes.

Can't see the GP for 2 weeks as fully booked, and the local walk in doesn't accept pregnant women hmm

Is this likely to be piles or something similar?!

Theducksarenotmyfriends Tue 16-May-17 16:34:45

Might be piles but you need to get it checked out. I got them after the birth (for weeks and weeks,, awful!) and there was blood and it was v painful to poo! Anusol was great, especially the suppositories (sp??) and lactulose but not sure if you can have that while pregnant? Also lots and lots of fibre and keeping hydrated (Orange juice as well as water) helped.

Hellofromtheoutside2 Tue 16-May-17 17:11:52

Greenkecks - tell them you are pregnant when you call for a GP appointment and the very least they should do is offer you a phone call froma doctor. If that doesn't work, call your midwife. But yes, to me it sounds like piles... I'm no expert though, just personal experience!

Can anyone advise on laxative-type products that are safe during pregnancy? I agree with PP who said managing constipation is important but diet alone just isn't cutting it for me and given the mess I was left in following my first pregnancy I want to do everything I can this time!

samatamfabahaba Tue 16-May-17 17:18:49

I have fibogel and lactulose both on prescription. More water than you think is even safe to drink, and prunes. Fresh orange is good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now