Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

A little help! Pregnancy symptoms???

(4 Posts)
user1494930873 Tue 16-May-17 11:38:22

Just wondering if anyone has experienced pregnancy symptoms incredibly early in their pregnancy/pregnancies? My period is not due for another week, so a urine test has come back negative (which didn't surprise me) but I have been experiencing crazy symptoms the past week. It seems a bit strange as I wouldn't even be 2 weeks along if I was pregnant and wouldn't think I would have such severe symptoms so early in! Could just be in my head but I've been up and down (emotionally), super tired, queesey in the mornings, constipation (yay) and I've put on close to 4 kg! Surely you can't put on weight that soon!! I have made no changes to diet/exercise/lifestyle so I'm a bit confused! TIA smile

arbrighton Tue 16-May-17 11:48:35

ok, first things first, you'd be 3 weeks along, approx, since they date from the first day of your last period.

But I think some of it might be you convincing yourself of it. And weight gain could be pre menstrual water retention but that is a LOT

user1494930873 Tue 16-May-17 11:55:26

Oh I have a 7 month old, so do have a bit of an idea of what the fun of early pregnancy is like, but just didn't think it could all happen so soon. Last pregnancy I got sore boobs about 2 days after my period was due which got me to take a test, then all the other symptoms hit a few weeks after that!

Spam88 Tue 16-May-17 13:40:05

My understanding is that if there are enough hormones in your system to cause symptoms then there are enough to give a positive test result.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now