Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks and bleeding - help!

(9 Posts)
Geffy76 Tue 16-May-17 10:44:19

Hello
I'm 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant according to my LMP. We'd taken a holiday before we started IVF (I am 40) and fell pregnant on holiday smile
I have been bleeding on and off since Sunday, no need for a pad but after I've been for a wee (sorry if TMI).
I had my HCG bloods done yesterday at the fertility clinic and they were 64, they will repeat them tomorrow morning and phone with the results in the afternoon. They said they will not scan me angry.
I am so keeping my fingers crossed that the numbers have doubled by tomorrow

mummabubs Tue 16-May-17 19:13:35

Sorry to hear you're going through this, I hope you get reassuring news tomorrow. I had bleeding at what I thought was 7+4, I was referred to EPU for a scan the next morning which revealed I was actually only 6+4 but they were able to see a heartbeat and all was well- I'm now 19 weeks! Fingers crossed for you x

CottonSock Tue 16-May-17 19:14:40

Private scan?
Hope all is ok x

Geffy76 Tue 16-May-17 19:45:48

I did some research search about a private scan but the one closest to me wasn't open last night. They are open tomorrow and have appointments so if all goes well with the bloods I'll book one for tomorrow night. Tried so long for this baby and for it to happen naturally I was so shocked and it's only just sinking in. The blood has shaken me though and the clinic won't give me any drugs until the 2nd blood test angry

rabbitstail Tue 16-May-17 20:00:52

Hey Geffy my experience may help to reassure you.

I started to bleed on Saturday morning and I'm also 6 weeks. I had a terrible weekend with lots of spotting and small stringy clots (sorry tmi). I had loads of cramps and had to lie down in the afternoon both days. I went for a scan this morning and we could see the little heart beat and no reason for the bleed. The nurse in epu said that as I'm only 6 weeks 1day that the bleed would have been implantation. They reasured me that implantation can happen at this time. Bleeding has stopped and I feel more pregnant than ever!

Don't loose hope and good luck x

Geffy76 Tue 16-May-17 21:24:13

Thanks everyone, just hope I get some sleep tonight x

Geffy76 Wed 17-May-17 15:37:07

Unfortunately my bloods were 19 so I'm having a MC sadI have been told to let it run its course and the IVF clinic will start me off again on any future period but to take my time. Feel devastated

MummyBear1536 Wed 17-May-17 15:41:32

So, so sorry flowers

rabbitstail Wed 17-May-17 16:30:24

Sorry to hear that Geffy. Good luck for next time x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now