Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced blood flow through cord at 31 weeks

(4 Posts)
MamaTT Tue 16-May-17 09:10:44

I had a growth scan yesterday at 31 weeks (I have them every 3 weeks from 28 weeks as DS was born quite small at full term). Baby is measuring perfectly, pretty much bang on to the day. But when the lady checked the blood flow through the cord it wasn't great. She asked if I smoke (I don't) and then tried again. Still not good. Then she asked if I suffer with high blood pressure (I don't, my blood pressure is actually very low and always has been). She tried again and said that what she got the 3rd time was more acceptable. I was taken through to see a consultant and she explained it is a concern and I have an appointment to see a different consultant at a different hospital on Thursday. I'm pooping myself. I've had bouts of reduced movements and now I'm panicking that it's all related. The sonographer didn't check the cord on the 28week scan so it hasn't been picked up until now.
Does anyone have any idea what might happen? I'm so anxious and paranoid.

NotAnotherUserName5 Tue 16-May-17 10:34:10

Did they mention low dose aspirin to help with the blood flow?

It's worth asking if they think it'd be beneficial.

flowers

MamaTT Tue 16-May-17 11:13:18

No the consultant didn't mention that. I'll ask and see what they say on Thursday. I'm so worried. Getting so paranoid about baby's movements.

NotAnotherUserName5 Tue 16-May-17 12:16:09

Just keep an eye on the movements, don't hesitate to go back if you are concerned. The fact baby is growing nicely is really positive.

I had weekly doppler scans to check the blood flow with my second DC (very slow growth and reduced waters) although all looked great they gave steroid injections at 27 weeks in case she needed to come early-this may also be something they discuss with you.

Go on Thursday with a list of questions you want answers for-I found myself stressed and forget the questions I wanted to ask when at the consultant appointments. I found the care I received reassuring, they sound like they are keeping a close watch on things for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now