Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced baby moves

(15 Posts)
daisydog2015 Mon 15-May-17 22:53:17

Hi all, new to this so sorry if been posted before
I'm currently 37+4 weeks pregnant with my first and usually she's really turning and making a fuss in there. Today however she has moved but been very quiet - but I have been very lazy today and didn't get up until 1pm and then laid on the sofa all afternoon watching GoT. I suffer with anxiety anyway so always worry about things and the midwife always tells me that if I notice a change in baby's movements to ring a number in my maternity booklet - but am I just overreacting?
She was back to back a few weeks ago then had another ultrasound as midwife thought she could be breech but turns out she was just deep in the pelvis and also had turned sideways - so maybe I'm not feeling her much today as she has turned in the right position for labour?
Thanks for your replies!

MrsMozart Mon 15-May-17 22:54:19

Ring your midwife unit (sorry, I'm not up with the correct names).

AliCat36 Mon 15-May-17 22:57:51

Your midwife told you to ring - so ring!! Better to be safe. You're not wasting their time but you are wasting time asking on here instead of following your midwife's advice. Ring now op!

passthewineplz Mon 15-May-17 23:03:56

Please ring the number in your booklet, reduced movements should be checked out.

DancingLedge Mon 15-May-17 23:04:12

Please ring.
Might be nothing. Might be urgent input needed.
Please just ring now.

PastysPrincess Mon 15-May-17 23:08:10

Always always always ring for reduced movements! Please do it now.

ExplodedCloud Mon 15-May-17 23:12:31

You should get any change in movements checked out. Please dont feel you're being silly or over anxious. You may be told to lie on your side and have a cold drink and see how you go for a little while.

Bellaposy Mon 15-May-17 23:15:34

Ring! They would much rather check you over than not.

mrsdiddlydoo Mon 15-May-17 23:25:32

It's never overreacting. Call them and be prepared to go in for monitoring. You've got this far. You are never time wasting in situations like this. Your midwife would want you to call them. Xx

twattymctwatterson Mon 15-May-17 23:31:19

I almost lost my daughter following reduced movements. Please take this seriously and go to triage now

hellomarshmallow Mon 15-May-17 23:31:31

Definitely ring. Go in and get monitored. Never leave it, you won't waste anyone's time. It's really important.

daisydog2015 Tue 16-May-17 02:56:04

Thanks everyone for your advice just got back from the hospital and all is good so I can sleep soundly now.
Typically once I was strapped to the machine she started moving right round!
Glad I got it checked out grin

mrsdiddlydoo Tue 16-May-17 07:41:17

I'm glad you went too. Don't be afraid to go again if they stop moving again xx

Wait4nothing Tue 16-May-17 07:46:19

Yeah always ring for reduced movements - my little one always played the I'll kick again when your hooked up to the monitor game - but better safe than sorry!

MrsMozart Tue 16-May-17 11:14:38

So glad all okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now