Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby on the left

(6 Posts)
MummyBear1536 Mon 15-May-17 22:05:00

Hi. I doubt this is anything to worry about but I'm 34+3 and baby (boy!) seems to only lie on the left. This is where all kicks and hiccups come from. Just wondered if anyone knew of a reason for this?

Teakind Mon 15-May-17 22:13:04

Hello, could it be because of where your placenta is? I only feel the baby on the right side really (I'm 39+3) but sometimes lower left and was told my placenta is kind of at the top/to the left side.

haveacupoftea Tue 16-May-17 05:00:54

I read that lying on the left is the next best position to labour after back to front. My baby has favoured the right side since his very first scan but no one seems too concerned about it.

MummyBear1536 Tue 16-May-17 11:50:01

Thank you! Will double check with midwife but all seems good smile Lovely that he's squirming about so much tbh - best feeling in the world. Maybe not so much at 2 in the morning though...

vfoster Tue 16-May-17 11:59:53

I'm 32 weeks and have mostly felt movement right down low and (more recently) on the far right hand side. Midwife wasn't worried even though my placentanis at the back. Think they just have more comfortable positions.....well comfortable for them!

EdgarAllenPoe Tue 16-May-17 13:02:00

My son always laid to the left. Even my c-section scar is slightly over to the left. It was never mentioned. He just liked laying that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now