Talk

Advanced search

Do I apply for maternity leave?

(6 Posts)
user1479669774 Mon 15-May-17 20:28:13

Hello,

I hope I haven't left this to late, I'm confused if I have to apply for maternity leave or if it just starts.

I have given work my MatB form and have agreed my Maternity leave will start on the 17th July.

Do I need to do anything else to get it or will notification to my employer be enough?

Thank you for your help.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 15-May-17 20:31:34

It might depend on your employer, talk to HR? I didn't have to do any more than you've done.

user1479669774 Mon 15-May-17 20:41:57

Okay thank you, I noticed I put leave but did you do anything else for pay?

mimiholls Mon 15-May-17 20:44:53

It sounds like you've done everything you need to. As long as you're eligible for smp through your employer it is all arranged by them and the matB is what they need to arrange this.

Pisghetti Mon 15-May-17 20:46:57

So long as you have worked for your employer long enough to qualify for leave and pay and you gave them your MatB1 by 25 weeks pregnant then it should be sorted - albeit my employer wrote to me to confirm my maternity pay. I would speak to HR to ask them to confirm in writing. I emailed my MatB1 along with my estimated leave dates so I had a written copy.

Catlover1812 Mon 15-May-17 22:14:13

We don't have HR in our company so I arranged it through our company accountant. It will either be through HR or finance, but there's no form filling etc on your side, apart from sending through your matb1 x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now