Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I miscarrying?

(18 Posts)
questsabelletreetop Mon 15-May-17 09:11:05

I'm currently 5+4 I woke up with blood running down my leg (sorry for the tmi), went straight to the loo to find quite a bit of red blood when I wiped. I've now been wearing a sanitary towel since 07.30 and it's completely clean. Now only brown blood (but still quite a bit) when I wipe.
Has anyone experienced this before? Am I miscarrying?
I'm waiting for the doctor to call me back but don't know whether to just try to get on with my day or to sit here still😞

twinkle1972 Mon 15-May-17 09:20:46

Hi there! I would wait for the doctors advice, he might send you to the epu at your local hospital. This happened to me last year and sadly I did miscarry. However it also happened many years ago in my first pregnancy and my daughters now 21! Good luck and keep us informed

sebashocked Mon 15-May-17 09:44:47

Maybe, maybe not. Don't give up hope though as although it could be a miscarriage, bleeding in pregnancy is very common (I had some major bleeds throughout my one successful pregnancy with DS). It's horribly scary but hopefully​ your GP can send you for an early scan to see what's happening.

questsabelletreetop Mon 15-May-17 10:23:48

Thanks for the replies, the doctor has referred me for a scan, she says they usually see people within a WEEK! I can't spend a week not knowing whether I'm still pregnant or not!!
I've booked in privately for this afternoon.

MummyM33 Mon 15-May-17 10:27:20

Oh Quest I really hope things turn out ok at your scan today. As the others have said it could or it couldn't be. I'm 7 weeks and have already had 2 scans due to bleeding. The second one I was absolutely convinced I'd lost baby due to the amount of red blood and clotting and baby was still there however they have placed me as high risk so just resting now. I know it can turn out either way but just wanted to say there is hope. I'll be thinking of you x

wakkapaca Mon 15-May-17 10:56:40

I've had 3 miscarriages all very different some started the way you have described another I had a lot of pain. They generally say red blood is not a good sign but I had red blood when I was pregnant with my dd and she's a year old at the end of the month!

Worrying will do you or your baby no good at all honestly I know but I also know what it's like waiting for an answer it's agony even a scan may not give you a conclusive answer it can only give you a snap shot into what's happening right now your best option would be a blood test to measure hgc levels as if the pregnancy it to progress they will be a certain number of the pregnancy is ending they would be falling.

I'm sorry if I sound very matter of fact I have nothing but empathy for you I truly mean that I've been there myself and the emotional pain is torture. Be kind to yourself and always remember if you are having a miscarriage it is not your fault but if you're not miscarrying red blood is a sign that you need to take it easy! Big hugs to you xxx

twinkle1972 Mon 15-May-17 11:16:16

Quest good luck with your scan this afternoon. I agree that up to a weeks wait would be torture! Let us know how it goes

rainbowstardrops Mon 15-May-17 11:26:39

Hoping for positive news this afternoon flowers

Oysterbabe Mon 15-May-17 11:26:40

Good luck flowers

MummyM33 Mon 15-May-17 18:06:09

How did you get on quest? x

questsabelletreetop Mon 15-May-17 21:01:19

Thanks so much for the well wishes, really appreciate it. I went for the scan and they said from what they can see it all looks okay. They could see the sack and yolk and apparently it's in a good position.
However, she said it was too early to hear a heartbeat so I have to go back next week for another scan.
The bleeding has stopped so I'm hopeful.

MummyM33 Mon 15-May-17 21:11:16

That's great news! So pleased they are getting you back in next week for another scan smile x

questsabelletreetop Mon 15-May-17 21:17:57

Thank you Mummym3 xx

twinkle1972 Mon 15-May-17 21:18:04

That's great news. Was that the private scan Quest?

mummabubs Mon 15-May-17 21:51:57

Glad it's sounding good so far! I had bleeding (but no cramps) at 7 weeks, had an EPU scan booked for the next morning and I'm now 19 weeks pregnant, so it's definitely not always bad news! Fingers crossed bean keeps growing xx

SnapAttack Mon 15-May-17 22:01:15

Really happy to hear this. I had similar and all turned out ok. Saw heartbeat at 6 week scan. Thinking of you and stay positive x

Maggy74653 Mon 15-May-17 23:36:46

I had three bleeds during my pregnancy and I'm currently laying in bed feeding my little girl who is 17 days old. They never discovered why I bled but everything was ok in the end xx

fuzzywuzzy Mon 15-May-17 23:43:58

My friend had this she had a blood clot near the implanted embryo and that was what was bleeding. As the pregnancy progressed the bleeding stopped as it got absorbed in the pregnancy.

I also had a bleed at pretty much exactly this stage of my pregnancy, I ended up having to leave work and taking a couple of days off sick as I was not coping with the thought of another miscarriage.
I'm currently 38 weeks 3 days.

Fingers and toes crossed for you, try and take things easy and good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now