Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Uninterested Partner

(7 Posts)
user1489667295 Sun 14-May-17 20:16:22

I'm really feeling down at the moment as I don't feel my partner is interested at all!
I'm nearly 6 months pregnant and although he's over the moon about being a dad, he's showing no interest in feeling the baby move, going for a bump photo shoot etc and he's already said he won't be there at the birth as he doesn't like hospitals and that he'll be sick!
I'm having to go through this entire thing on my own while he just says "you'll be alright!"
I'm really starting to get irritated by it now not to mention hurt!

Thingymaboob Sun 14-May-17 20:27:47

Hang on a minute?! Not going to be at the birth!!?? That's outrageous. I'd be furious. I hope you've told him to get a grip. You're the one who is actually going to give birth. If he really has a fear of it, then get him some hypnotherapy or go on a hypno birthing course together. It emphasises the partners role too. He needs a bloody good talking to!

AnastasiaB Sun 14-May-17 20:47:20

I'm sorry that's awful, you must be feeling so lonely right now. I'm nearly 6 months as well, it wasn't planned and my partner wasn't over the moon but he's came around and been brilliantly supportive. At the end of the day nobody likes hospitals but your partner needs to grow some balls and be there for you and the baby. If he's excited about being a dad surely he'd want to be there. Maybe try talking to him and explaining how hurt you feel and how you really need his support right now and at the birth. I mean you really don't need this extra stress at 6 months. flowers

confusedat23 Sun 14-May-17 21:16:02

I'm sorry hun you must feel awlful!

I honestly would tell him to shape up or ship out! Did he help you plan this baby?

The thing about the hospital is rubbish... my DH won't even step foot into a doctors surgery he hates medical stuff so much but he has been there through the very complicated 4 months of my pregnancy so far without even a single complaint! And there has been LOTS of blood tests, bits being shoved up my foof etc lol

You need to have a real talk with him hun you deserve better!

MissBax Sun 14-May-17 21:54:00

Jesus wept! How long have you been with this person??

Lostinaseaofbubbles Sun 14-May-17 22:14:53

I do know someone whose husband faints at the sight of blood, and when they were discussing kids, it was always agreed that he would/could not be present.

With the exception of that kind of prior discussion then I do think bailing out of the birth because you "don't like hospitals" is very very bad form.

Lostinaseaofbubbles Sun 14-May-17 22:17:41

Plus, if he doesn't like hospitals now, what's he going to do if/when the kids are poorly? There was a patch back there when ds1 was about 7 months old that I thought I may as well have my own chair in the paediatric a&e as we were there so often! (He had complications following chickenpox)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now