Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does this sound like pregnancy or period?

(3 Posts)
AprilShowers16 Sun 14-May-17 19:38:05

I know I just need to take a test but it's Sunday night and all the shops are closed.

Not actively TTC but not using contraception so definitely could be possible. I'm still breastfeeding DS1 (11 months) and have had about 3 periods since he turned 5 months, the last one about 2 months ago (I think). I've been having a lot of period type feelings for a couple of weeks now and just feel very aware of my womb for want of a better description. Sometimes I'm sure I can feel flutterings but it's probably just gas. I don't feel pregnant (not sick, no sore boobs etc) but I am exhausted from 2 hour wakings anyway and also I wonder how differently your body reacts a second time? Has anyone got experience of erratic periods while breast feeding? Is it normal to have these pains and feelings but not actually get your period?

arbrighton Sun 14-May-17 20:08:47

You could well be.
Breastfeeding doesn't stop you conceiving, especially given you have had some periods.

And every pregnancy is different....

But basically, get a test. And really, all the shops shut? Our coop is open and has tests

AprilShowers16 Tue 16-May-17 09:28:47

Thanks for replying. We don't have a local CoOp - but I waiting until morning, bought a test and yup pregnant 😬😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now