We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constantly STARVING

(29 Posts)
justyourstandardusername Sun 14-May-17 15:46:07

I am only 7 weeks but the question I have is, is it normal to be starving hungry all the time this early on in pregnancy?

I eat and then feel hungry straight away. It's actually becoming a bit annoying as I am constantly going to the kitchen or making trips to Tesco for random food! I feel horrendously sick if I ignore my hunger pangs. I've had a few bad days of morning sickness where I couldn't keep anything down and burst the blood vessels in my face from throwing up so much. sad

Someone please tell me this is normal and I'm not losing my mind being a greedy bitch.

Foggymist Sun 14-May-17 15:52:44

Yup I'm 13 weeks and still constantly starving, it gets so dull having to eat so often! I'm still breastfeeding my ds which isn't helping I'd say because I need calories for that too. I haven't thrown up but eating frequently is the only thing that settles my stomach.

OctopusLimbs Sun 14-May-17 15:57:42

I was so so so hungry until about 20 weeks. I would have to get up in the night for a bowl of cereal at least once. Other people would say they were slightly more hungry meaning they had an extra snack or two during the day but I was having an extra meal or two! I wasn't a big meat eater, so not sure if I was a bit low on protein as it did seem to help once I made an effort to eat more protein and then eventually the hunger seemed to ease off anyway, although I think my appetite stayed on the high side through pregnancy. I am seven months post birth now and my waistline doesn't seem to have particularly suffered long term so I think I needed the calories.

justyourstandardusername Sun 14-May-17 15:59:54

Thank god it's not just me. It's actually really boring to keep having to go in search of snacks. I've completely gone off whole meals and am just constantly eating little things. I've never eaten so many crackers!

HowCanThatNameAlreadyBeTaken Sun 14-May-17 16:02:29

Yep definitely normal! With my dds I craved specific flavours or textures, with my ds I just wanted to feel full and I was always hungry!

Presh1234 Sun 14-May-17 16:02:31

Thanks for making me laugh!!! I'm 5+1 and go through phases when I'm either feeling rough as or absolutely Hank Marvin!!

justyourstandardusername Sun 14-May-17 16:13:33

No worries, glad I brightened up your day! I also feel rough and like I have a permanent hangover, minus the great night.

User06383 Sun 14-May-17 16:14:34

When pregnant I lose the ability to monitor my own hunger, or if I feel full, I'm normally really attuned to it. So if hungry I'm binging on fruit and not crap as I don't want to put on too much weight. Eating three meals a day and being sensible about food.

Obvs I can say this with the benefit of being the other side of morning sickness

Presh1234 Sun 14-May-17 16:23:55

Oh my word!! Yes the hangover feeling!! It's awful. Watery mouth syndrome and the shakes. confused

samatamfabahaba Sun 14-May-17 16:44:44

I'm 37+5 now but my absolute favourite part of pregnancy was the first trimester, no bump to get in the way, wearing normal clothes and I was hungry all the time! I love eating. Waking up to digestives next to the bed and shoving them in without hesitation!

loveacupoftea18 Sun 14-May-17 16:58:15

I am constantly starving! 9.5 weeks and I have to keep so many snacks in my drawer at work! Literally feel the need to eat all the time!

justyourstandardusername Sun 14-May-17 16:59:52

A watery mouth that also tastes like dog shit! It's like having morning mouth/breath, all the time. Horrible.

Wish I could say I was enjoying the first trimester as much as you samatam! I just feel lousy all the bloody time. It's making it really difficult to hide it from everyone at work.

justyourstandardusername Sun 14-May-17 17:00:37

I realise this thread has descended into just moaning at anyone that will listen to me. I do apologise, I am feeling thoroughly sorry for myself today!

samatamfabahaba Sun 14-May-17 17:14:28

Ha! I only enjoyed it compared to now, I'm too big to bend down, I haven't had a full nights sleep in, oh I don't know... A MILLION YEARS, I wee 16383836 times a day, I'm the thirstiest person on earth and I have piles. So enjoy the hunger. wink

Presh1234 Sun 14-May-17 17:32:05

I had piles before I even started ffs.
Yes bad breath, morning breath, watery mouth, the runs/trots, the tiredness....it has to get better......

justyourstandardusername Sun 14-May-17 17:35:59

You're not exactly selling it to me this pregnancy lark! grin

Oh yes I nearly forgot to mention the runs. Those have made a not so welcome appearance over the past couple of days too. If it's not coming out of one end it's the other!

Where is this 'glow' everyone bangs on about eh??

Guiltypleasures001 Sun 14-May-17 17:52:24

I used to eat huge bowls of ready brek 😘 Twas lush

samatamfabahaba Sun 14-May-17 17:53:35

smile I've loved being pregnant, apart from the aforementioned of course. I have however learnt that no matter how many people you speak to, and how much you read you cannot compare your experience to theirs. Everyone has such a different pregnancy it's pointless, so just take it one day at a time. It'll fly by, I'm due in two weeks and cannot believe it's been almost nine months!!

justyourstandardusername Sun 14-May-17 18:00:53

That's true, even speaking to my mum our experiences are so different. And she was the one person I thought I would be able to share experiences with!

imamumagain Sun 14-May-17 18:14:21

Im with you on this im only 4/5 weeks and in 2 hours ive had a muffin, chicken sandwhich, chocolate and about to have a curry with spring rolls😩

justyourstandardusername Sun 14-May-17 18:19:50

Oh imamumagain you're setting me off now! I've just come off the phone to my friend who is going to bring me a KFC later on. grin I just can't get over how much I'm consuming!

Presh1234 Sun 14-May-17 18:21:29

Oh and don't even get me started on the burping and farting πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

justyourstandardusername Sun 14-May-17 19:00:11

Not an issue I have had (yet) πŸ˜‚

imamumagain Sun 14-May-17 20:46:45

Ooo kfc i had that on friday lol. Just finished dinner. Currently cant move but just remembered theres a chocolate Gateau in the fridge hahahaha.

user1471547428 Tue 16-May-17 14:48:07

I'm also hungry all the time at 11 weeks. Colleagues must think I'm an absolute pig, constantly eating at my desk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now