Talk

Advanced search

Blood tests

(6 Posts)
Presh1234 Sun 14-May-17 13:12:21

As someone who is highly anxious, I've just had my bloods back from last week. My white blood cell count is slightly elevated which is apparently common in early pregnancy. But my monocytes are also raised. I've googled and scared myself. Sitting here in tears. 5 weeks 1 day.

Hotpinkangel19 Sun 14-May-17 14:16:20

@Presh1234 what's worrying you honey? X

AbbeyRoadCrossing Sun 14-May-17 14:20:13

What's worrying you specifically? And why are you being tested so early in the pregnancy?

SlB09 Sun 14-May-17 14:28:07

All within context with blood results. If the bloods have been reviewed by a gp then please dont worry yourself, one or two slight anomolies are quite normal and dont mean an awful lot in isolation x

Presh1234 Sun 14-May-17 15:47:45

Thanks for replies. I have mad health anxiety at the best of times. I was put in beta blockers four years ago after the death of my husband. I've remarried (7 weeks ago) and am now 5 weeks 1 day pregnant 😱😱. I want to come off the beta blockers and so have been having loads of tests. Although originally from uk, I don't live there now and so everything is paid for on insurance. I've just been for a full heart check and am currently sitting with a 24 hour monitor on. I feel so poked and prodded and checked that I'm actually wondering is it all worth it. Plus my bloods came back and that got me in a state because my monocytes were elevated. I googled, because that's what I do, and it came up with all sorts of cancers. I think I'm just having a down day. Sorry. 😓

SlB09 Sun 14-May-17 17:10:20

It's completely understandable, and symptoms of your anxiety i.e worries regarding health will be worse on bad days. Early pregnancy is also a naturally worrying time when pre existing anxiety can worsen due to hormonal changes, being overwhelmed, shocked, happy etc all rolled into one. Have you ever had CBT to help with your anxious thought processes? I personally have and found it hugely beneficial.
I have a history of anxiety and depression and have taken medication for this for a few years now and have been well controlled. When we found out I was pregnant my husband and I both felt it was more beneficial for mine and my babies health to continue on the medication (after much research) and my GP was also supportive of this choice. Think about whether now is the right time in your life to do this, unless of course it is hugely detrimental to your babies health (I dont have alot of knowledge re BB in pregnancy).
Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now