Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Making a decision

(3 Posts)
Sunshine565 Sun 14-May-17 11:53:27

I just found out that I'm 6 weeks pregnant and now I don't know what to do. I've been with my boyfriend for 9 months and haven't even known him a year yet. I love him so much and he loves me too and he's going to support me no mater what decision I make. i am in my final week of my last year at university, but I don't have a job and I don't have any money saved. He recently left a job and has been looking for a new one, and we both still live at home with our parents. although our families are supportive I feel like it wouldn't be fair on them because having a baby would be a financial burden and take up so much space too (my sister lives at home with my almost 2 yo niece so things would get crowded). I'm worried they will be disappointed in be for not being careful enough and worried because they don't know my boyfriend very well. Neither of us feel ready to become parents either - but I don't think I could face an abortion. I'm scared id always regret it and wish I hadn't done it. But if I don't then I'll end up with a baby we aren't ready for and I have no idea how I'll do that either... I'm just very confused :/

SSF8 Sun 14-May-17 15:48:28

I had my daughter when I was 16.
It was the scariest, but best thing I've ever done. By the time I actually found out I was pregnant, I was so far along that an abortion wasn't an option even if I'd wanted one.
I ended up having to live with my grandparents so I could finish my GCSE's and they could help with the baby.
My daughter is now 9 years old, me and her dad are still together, we both have good jobs and a mortgage. It took us 9 (very hard) years to get here. But I wouldn't change it for the world!
I don't think there's ever a "right time" to have a baby.
We are now trying our hardest to give her a little brother or sister now that we are in a financially stable position.
Do what your gut instinct is telling you to. And good luck in whatever you decide xx

Vroomster Sun 14-May-17 16:03:46

BPAS is a good place to start for talking. Also sit with your bf and talk honestly about yours and his feelings and write a pros and cons list. Don't feel pressured into making a decision either way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now