Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore braxton hicks

(6 Posts)
CaptainWarbeck Sun 14-May-17 11:15:12

I'm 34 weeks and the last few days have been getting more and more BHs, some really bloody painful and some just uncomfortable. They go away eventually or are more bearable with rest and warmth so I'm not concerned they're actual contractions but it's a bit of a pain.

What does anyone else do to try and get through them/make them less bother? It's not linked to earlier labours is it? <hopeful>

I've also got a painful calf from being woken up last night with excruciating leg cramp so am feeling quite fed up of pregnancy altogether envy

grainmum Sun 14-May-17 13:30:27

Bumping as I'm interested to hear others replies

kitchenarggghh Sun 14-May-17 13:42:33

And me - also 34wks and been woken up in the night with intense BH so uncomfortable.

Any tips are welcome!

SummerRayne17 Sun 14-May-17 14:02:05

My BH are definitely a lot more intense at night as well, ive been woken up a few times by them. Not very pleasant. I just rub my bump and grin and bear it tbh.

Northlondonmum1980 Sun 14-May-17 21:44:42

Also interested in any help for these. 35 weeks and nothing seems to help!

DinoMania Mon 15-May-17 10:48:19

Practice breathing teachniques, slow deep breaths in and out, this will ensure sufficient oxygen is getting to those contracting muscles and will help relax you as tensing will increase discomfort further. Try to stay calm and use these Brixton hicks as a way to practice your breathing for actual labour.

For some of you, this might even be latent labour starting.

Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now