Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sleeping issues

(4 Posts)
Miami81 Sun 14-May-17 08:36:59

Hi there
So I am 7+4 (after two mc's last year so you could say I am a little bit anxious about every damn thing in this pregnancy), and I have a quick question about sleeping.
I normally sleep on my stomach, I realise that if things go well this time that will become very difficult and even now the boob pain is sometimes enough to wake me. So I have been sleeping on my side. I sleep on my right side. I read somewhere in the mists of crazy late night googling that sleeping on left side is better, but I just can't do it. I can't sleep at all that way. Should I keep trying or is it really ok to sleep whatever way you can actually get to sleep??
Thanks

coragreta Sun 14-May-17 09:56:06

I think that however you can sleep is best. Soon which side will be the least of your problems. Try a good maternity pillow. I love mine and it makes sleeping so comfy

ellesbellesxxx Sun 14-May-17 10:02:53

At the moment you can sleep however you want!
Later on though, more second trimester is when you will need to think about where you are comfy smile

arbrighton Sun 14-May-17 10:43:26

There are supposedly some reasons why sleeping on your left is better, if you can do it, but I can't. And I have more than enough problems now with sleep in 3rd trimester that I'll do it anyway I bloody can (right side mostly)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now