Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy straight after Chemical pregnancy?

(16 Posts)
BlueeSpottyTiger Sat 13-May-17 20:37:59

Hello, asking this both here and in conception.
Has anyone fell pregnant the first cycle after a cp (chemical pregnancy).
I've just had one today at only 4weeks (early testing 😣)
Just wondering how many ladies go onto another pregnancy straight after. Trying to decide if we should try again straight away or have a break.

Thanks in advance x

jinglebellmel Sat 13-May-17 20:41:30

Yes, I had a miscarriage at about 11 weeks, and then a very early miscarriage/chemical a few months later at about 4.5 weeks. Pregnant again the next cycle and now 34 weeks. Anecdotally I've heard of a lot of people getting pregnant the month after a chemical, but I'm not sure if that's anything more than co-incidence. Medical advice now I'd that there's no reason to wait though, so if you want to try again go for it.

Sorry for your loss and good luck for the future.

Foggymist Sat 13-May-17 20:42:24

I got pregnant immediately after a chemical pregnancy, got bfp on Feb 13th (af was due 14th), started bleeding a few hours later. Conceived two weeks later and am now 13 weeks pregnant with no issues or bleeding etc so far at all.

ButTheBearSnoredOn Sat 13-May-17 20:43:06

Yes I did.

AWaspOnAWindowInAHeatwave Sat 13-May-17 20:52:36

Yep, twice.

Floggingmolly Sat 13-May-17 20:56:55

I think you're extra fertile for a short window after being pregnant (even if it ended in miscarriage), so it very probably is a thing.
Best of luck, op 🍀

Southy84 Sat 13-May-17 22:26:44

I did, my cycle after the cp was longer than normal though, so I ovulated over a week later than normal and didn't get a positive pregnancy test until I was ten days late, had this confirmed with early blood test and scans. I'm now 9 weeks pregnant.

Hobbitch Sat 13-May-17 22:39:22

I did, currently 30 weeks. If you feel ready it's worth a try. Good luck.

kitkat321 Sat 13-May-17 22:41:55

Yes but it also ended in a miscarriage. Took a break for a few months to let my body recover as advised my doctor and then had a successful pregnancy.

dangle90 Sat 13-May-17 22:45:45

I think I had a chemical in March, period was 4 days late (I'm never late) and I had 2 faint tests, but then I came on. I got my BFP the month after, currently 5+5. Good luck flowers

TreasureInMyTummy Sun 14-May-17 00:15:32

I'm the same as Foggy- bfp which then resulted in cp on 13 th Feb. Two weeks later ovulated and got another bfp - I'm now 13 weeks and no problems to date .

Good luck xx

elliejjtiny Sun 14-May-17 08:47:09

Yes, with my little boy who is now 6

jpclarke Sun 14-May-17 08:52:14

I had a chemical in April 2016 and bfp in June 2016, I know I had a period in the middle but I am now holding my 12 week old

BlueeSpottyTiger Sun 14-May-17 17:11:16

Thanks for responding ladies, so sorry for your losses! ❤ and congratulationsto those who have either gone on to have another healthy pregnancy or baby 🤗
I think I'll give it another go.. i just can't believe how hard this has hit me, i only knew i was pregnant for 4days and in my head it was my dd's little sibling.. playmate and bestfriend. I cannot stop sobbing. X

jinglebellmel Sun 14-May-17 18:00:44

Totally understandable to be finding it hard tiger going from such a high of a much wanted baby and sibling to such a low is a big shock. Take care of yourself and don't let anybody minimise it just because it happened early on - my chemical hit me just as hard as the later miscarriage which surprised me. Good luck.

TippetyTapWriter Sun 14-May-17 19:24:59

Yes I did, but must have ovulated late as didn't get a bfp until 10 days after I was "due". That one did stick and ds is now 2 smile But I've had four losses all by 5.5 weeks so I know how tough it can be. The first was absolutely devastating. The rest were bad too but I somehow expected them. I was in shock first time. Hope you're doing ok, good luck for the future x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now