Talk

Advanced search

Cervical polyp, spotting

(7 Posts)
Twinklelittlestar1 Sat 13-May-17 15:40:47

Hi,

Anyone had this in pregnancy? I'm 18 weeks and have had recurrent brown spotting for about two days for the last month. They finally discovered a 1cm polyp on Thursday and think that's probably the cause. The doctor said it's harmless and they'll probably just leave it.

Did anyone have this happen and the spotting clear up on its own? I'm scared the bleeding will get worse. It's very small amounts at the moment.

hexagon01 Sat 13-May-17 16:40:13

Hi, I had this - had a tiny bit of spotting at around 14 weeks then again at 26 weeks, doctor said it was a small cervical polyp. Was also told it's totally harmless and only had those two episodes, now at 40+5 and had totally forgotten about it to be honest!

Jessiecat27 Sat 13-May-17 18:04:36

I have one too, I'm 13 weeks. Started bleeding a bit on Wednesday, told me I had a polyp and that they wanted to test it? Didn't tell me to rest or give me any advice for the meantime though. Surely it's harmless but it's scary! I've still been bleeding a bit

NannyOggsKnickers Sat 13-May-17 18:17:10

Hi.

I had this with DD but it wasn't discovered until I had a bleed at 19 weeks. Was terrifying but fine. I ended up at A&E because I was in between being able to see EPU and Mat Triage.
The gynae consultant advised removing it because it was irritated. It was too large to be removed under a local so I had a spinal block and surgery to remove it. I was so anxious about it but it was over in five minutes and really good practise for the EMCS I ended up with.

I was told that it was caused by the extra blood flow in pregnancy. It was all fine. It didn't cause any extra issues.

Sparklyuggs Sat 13-May-17 18:50:18

Yes I have one and had some spotting. I got told at the hospital to not have sex and to go in immediately if the bleeding increased, but it wasn't particularly dangerous and was likely to fall off during delivery!

Jessiecat27 Mon 15-May-17 11:42:28

I've just had mine removed, waiting on my results now!

Libbylove2015 Mon 15-May-17 12:00:03

I am currently 29 weeks and have had a polyp all along - hasn't caused any problems. My gynae told me most women do without even realising - don't worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now