Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Faint positive or possible evap lines?

(15 Posts)
Mumofawarrior12 Sat 13-May-17 14:51:03

Took a test yesterday Lloyds pharmacy own brand pink dye test... and got a negative but then when I checked after around 15-20 mins there was a faint line.

Today iv been to Sainsburys but only ones I could get were sainsburys blue dye ones pack of 2.
After around 8-10 mins I think there may be a faint line... but both have showed up after the recommended time scale ?? hmm

Any experience and can you see the lines? Or is it me?

Oysterbabe Sat 13-May-17 15:32:32

When is your period due?

Mumofawarrior12 Sat 13-May-17 15:37:58

My app is showing I am 4 days late but my cycle lengths vary each month.
I thought if I was then the lines would be much darker. X

Mumofawarrior12 Sun 14-May-17 14:15:35

Done another blue dye this morning which was negative but then showed a very faint line after 20 mins... but been for a clear blue today and it's negative so I guess if I was it would have showed on that one?

HariboFrenzy Sun 14-May-17 14:24:48

I know it's easier said than done, but you need to wait a couple of days and take another test, preferably a first response early response - don't get the first response rapid results as this is much less sensitive.

Mumofawarrior12 Sun 14-May-17 16:51:32

I can't get hold of a rapid response one hun. Tried local supermarkets and they haven't had them xx

HariboFrenzy Sun 14-May-17 16:57:57

In that case I would wait at least a couple of days before testing again with fmu on a supermarket test. I think Sainsbury's are a bit more sensitive than some of the others

jinglebellmel Sun 14-May-17 18:03:11

Asda own brand early test is very sensetive if you can get hold of one, actually gave me a positive before a first response early test.

Mumofawarrior12 Sun 14-May-17 18:03:27

Is 10ul more sensitive than 25ul. How does it work?

Mumofawarrior12 Sun 14-May-17 18:04:56

Thanks jinglebell I have one more clear blue left dunno whether to do it tomorrow or wait a few days.. day 42 today.. last cycles have been 37 days.. don't get it xx

sizeofalentil Sun 14-May-17 22:51:09

I didn't get anything until I was 7days late, and my period is very regular. So wait until you're a week late if you can!

Mumofawarrior12 Mon 15-May-17 05:54:20

Really? sizeofalentil everyone is so different. Thank you. So by your dates did you ovulate late. X

nosleepforme Mon 15-May-17 09:29:11

25 u is higher. a standard test will detect hCG in the urine at concentration greater than or equal to 25mlU/ml. concentration of hCG in non preg women is normally 5.0mlU/ml.
excessive fluid intake may dilute the pregnancy hormone and may make it difficult to read so first wee of the day is best b/c contains higher concentration of hCG
good luck love x

Mumofawarrior12 Mon 15-May-17 12:47:09

Thanks for your replys.. AF has arrived full flow.. in pain too. Xx

jinglebellmel Mon 15-May-17 15:39:07

Sooty to hear that sad hope you're okay x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now