Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

High blood pressure?

(6 Posts)
emilyjayne5 Sat 13-May-17 13:43:48

What's classed as high blood pressure?
I've had a headache and rib pain so I've been doing my blood pressure at home and I'm wondering if i should be concerned?

SelfObsessionHoney Sat 13-May-17 13:47:34

Strangers online can't help that much, but if you're concerned enough to start a thread maybe you should call your midwife so you can be assessed properly.

DuggeeHugs Sat 13-May-17 14:14:34

Call your midwife if you have any concerns. You may also want to stay away from self testing your blood pressure as it sounds like it's stressing you out, which could in turn raise your blood pressure.

Fairy45 Sat 13-May-17 14:31:27

Think if its gone up by 30 from your booking apt then its classed as high for you theres no real cut off its about you personally. My booking was 100/60 and got pre eclampsia and my bp then was 150/100

MissBax Sat 13-May-17 16:21:55

Ordinary blood pressure should be no higher than 140/90 - anything above is considered hypertensive. But I don't know what your BP was prior to pregnancy. What was it before and what is it now?

Spam88 Sat 13-May-17 16:39:45

I'd have thought you should call your midwife just on the basis of the headache and rib pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now