Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I can't be pregnant, surely?!

(7 Posts)
elevenswan Sat 13-May-17 13:37:28

This post is going to contain about 5000 tonnes of TMI so apologies in advance! I'm in a very very new relationship, it's not even yet a relationship, we're seeing each other and he lives 200 miles away.

We had sex nearly 2 weeks ago. Briefly (very briefly like less than a minute and barely even inside) without a condom, then put one on and finished with one on. After, things were very erm...lubricated down below and I was worried that the condom had broken but it seemed fine.

I track my periods using the clue app and that was my most fertile day according to the app. I have had short cycles since coming off the pill a few months ago, between 21-23 days (v short periods 2-3 days) and I'm now on day 22 and no sign of period, however I had weird period pains, like a kind of dragging feeling, a few days ago. I never normally get period pains until the first day of my period.

Also apologies tmi but have had increased discharge and my boobs possibly look a bit bigger although I could be overthinking it. I tested negative a couple of days ago but middle of the day wee and 4 days before my period could be due if it goes to 23 days. So way too early probably.

Surely the chances of me being pregnant are really low?! Talk me down please! It would be a disaster in some ways but I do really really want kids and would be excited, so am feeling very odd.

MiniAlphaBravo Sat 13-May-17 13:41:35

Unlikely and those symptoms don't particularly sound like pregnancy (if you can call them symptoms). Definitely test again tho to put your mind at rest.

CherriesInTheSnow Sat 13-May-17 15:03:28

Well I wouldn't say those symptoms don't sound like pregnancy, but they are also common end of cycle symptoms. Given that the condom may have split it is probably worth taking a test, however given that you used one you are probably not pregnant so I wouldn't worry too much until you have any solid evidence that you are smile

MissBax Sat 13-May-17 16:20:29

Did the condom split? Surely you would have seen and he would have noticed when taking it off? I'd be surprised if you had pregnancy symptoms before even a missed period but obviously it can happen.

Mumofawarrior12 Sat 13-May-17 17:04:01

With my 1st son I was being physically sick at 11dpo and had mega sore boobs and discharge... So yea it is possible the symptoms could be pregnancy related.
But as you say the condom didn't split I doubt you could be... unless it was pre gum from before the condom was put on... iv heard this happen before too. Xx

Expecting2017 Sat 13-May-17 17:13:54

Could be. I was on the pill and became pregnant so on your most fertile day if pre cum did go inside you there's a chance you could be. Just wait for your period. I felt like I was going to have a period for a week but nothing came that's how I knew and sore sore boobs an Nipples x

elevenswan Sun 14-May-17 17:59:33

Thanks all. Still no sign so if it's not here by tomorrow I'll test again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now