Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2kg gain, 1st trimester

(4 Posts)
User246810 Sat 13-May-17 11:41:52

Is a 2kg weight gain in the first trimester normal? Bloated as hell but surely it can't weigh that much!

Fairy45 Sat 13-May-17 11:56:29

Thats less than 5lb pretty sure thats fine! I put on about 7lb before 12 weeks and im still only at that now at 20 weeks but i think bloating has gone and now its actual baby weight

Caterina99 Sat 13-May-17 14:42:40

Same as above! I'm in US where we get weighed at every appointment. Was horrified to see I'd put on 5lb at 8weeks (and I'd had a 6 week appointment due to previous complications - so 5lb in 2 weeks!!). I think it was almost all water though as at my 16 weeks appointment last week I was still at that same weight which I think is more my real weight now.

Doctor didn't seem concerned at all, even at the original weight gain.

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Sat 13-May-17 18:13:40

A lot will be water and (TMI!) the contents of your bowel which will have slowed dramatically. Also boob increase. Don't worry, totally normal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now