Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Letter saying I missed an ante natal appt

(4 Posts)
isthisreallyreal Fri 12-May-17 19:14:21

Just come home from work to a letter saying I missed an ante natal follow up appt on the 9th may and that they've informed my GP and rebooked it for later in the month. Have no knowledge of this appt and actually had my second appt at the ante natal clinic on the 11th may where nobody mentioned this other appt and whilst there I booked my next appt do June so not really sure what this or the other one was about

JohnLapsleyParlabane Fri 12-May-17 19:16:00

Any contact details on the letter?

isthisreallyreal Fri 12-May-17 19:18:44

Yeh but I'm assuming they are now closed until Monday so left to ponder it over the weekend

mummabubs Fri 12-May-17 20:28:28

Hope you manage to get answers on Monday OP. I booked my first consultant appointment, and then got a letter a week later "confirming" my booking for my 20 week scan on the same date and time. It was only through chance that my midwife called to clarify where the appointment was that we found out they are 2 separate appointments in different parts of the hospital!! Apparently in my health board it's now common for them to send out multiple appointments at the same time?! No one had told us so we would have missed the consultant appointment. I work in and love the NHS but I was surprised at how poorly some processes in pregnancy are communicated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now