Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Superdrug tests

(17 Posts)
Beckyblue124 Fri 12-May-17 19:12:04

Ok, so every single early detection Superdrug pregnancy test I do I get a very visible pink second line, within time frame. However every other single type of brand is negative??? Why would this be? sad

Beckyblue124 Fri 12-May-17 19:24:29

I should add that this has been going on for weeks! So it's not just it's picked it up early

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Fri 12-May-17 19:26:25

Superdrug are tests one of the best ones you can buy for early detection. How many weeks have you had positives?

MrsCharlieD Fri 12-May-17 20:11:12

There are loads of threads on here about the superdrug tests giving false positives. I'm really sorry but I wouldn't trust them.

Hotpinkangel19 Fri 12-May-17 21:48:23

Awful tests! Don't trust them!!!!

MaryShelley1818 Sat 13-May-17 07:41:50

Definitely don't trust them, notorious for giving false positives.

NoOneLikesACrispyTowel Sat 13-May-17 08:34:40

THEY ARE NOT ONE OF THE BESTS ONES YOU CAN BUY!

I wish people would stop saying this!

They are currently the worst you can buy and they should all be recalled.

Beckyblue124 Sat 13-May-17 08:56:26

Thanks everyone for your replies! I'd heard nothing but great things which is why I've kept trying! sad bet they're breaking a few hearts at the moment ...

Hotpinkangel19 Sat 13-May-17 11:36:03

This is mine.... was not pregnant. Why do people think they are so great?

jinglebellmel Sat 13-May-17 17:00:44

I've always found them pretty good, but does seem odd if the line is v clear and you still aren't getting a line on others. Personally I swear by the asda early detection tests, cheap and gave a positive earlier than superdrug or first response. Maybe try one of those or a first response - if the superdrug test is correct I'd expect to get a positive on either of those brands too. Good luck

jinglebellmel Sat 13-May-17 17:04:25

Also when people say they get false positives, I thought that was practically impossible on a pink dye test? Superdrug tests are supposed to be one of the most sensetive according to the hormone levels you need for a positive, is it possible that some people are detecting a v early pregnancy which then doesn't progress? I hope that doesn't upset anyone, it's not intended too, it just always seems a likely possibility to me when people say they've had a false positive on an early detection test.

Hotpinkangel19 Sat 13-May-17 18:20:56

Nope, definitely not!!! 100% was never pregnant at that time.

Hotpinkangel19 Sat 13-May-17 18:21:47

I've had 2 early miscarriages/chemicals. Definitely wasn't that x

cookielove Sat 13-May-17 18:24:03

I had the same sad

cookielove Sat 13-May-17 18:24:31

So frigging faint but got my hopes up!

jinglebellmel Sat 13-May-17 20:44:37

Sounds like there is an issue with them then, not good, can only imagine how disappointing that is for anyone who gets a false positive.

Beckyblue124 Sat 13-May-17 20:52:21

Yeah I've had so many I've lost count. All a very very visible pink line. But after weeks of this I can't imagine that no other test would pick it up. Heartbreaking when you're led to believe you have a little one on board

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now