Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pre op next week?

(5 Posts)
Sweetpea86 Fri 12-May-17 17:03:42

Hi
I have my c section booked for next Thursday unless i go in to labour before. (I'll be 39+4 )
I have my pre op app next Tuesday.

What happens at pre op? I'm doc nervous and scared 😳 I have been waking in the night about the whole thing

FuckADuckk Fri 12-May-17 17:04:42

They just talk you through the procedure from anaesthetic onwards. Your chance to ask any questions etc. It's really good for mentally prepping yourself

haveacupoftea Fri 12-May-17 18:25:01

They talk you through everything and get you to sign a consent form. Not sure about section but for a different op for general anaesthetic they weighed me, took blood pressure and ran an ecg. Nothing to worry about whatsoever.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Fri 12-May-17 19:27:00

Discussions, questions, consent form, blood, blood pressure, checking mouth/jaw. Nothing scary. Instructions on fasting.

Ask how many they have booked in, how they decide who goes first and what the risk is of being delayed/postponed for emergencies.

Sweetpea86 Fri 12-May-17 21:36:38

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now