Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Negative pregnancy test after 3 mins but then faint line after 20 minutes??

(9 Posts)
Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 14:48:29

I bought a pregnancy test today as my app is saying my period is 4 days late altho my cycles are usually a bit over the place.

Anyhow took the test.. it appeared negative after 3 minutes but then after 20 minutes the faintest of lines showed up.. I have read about evaporation lines also so not sure what to think.

Last 2 cycles have been 37 days long I'm now on day 41.

Will post pics one after 3 mins and 1 after 20 mins x

ColourfulOrangex Fri 12-May-17 14:49:51

I would maybe test first thing tomorrow as I'm not sure how reliable it is after the specified time has passed...fingers crossed for you flowers

Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 14:56:50

Thank you yes I will perhaps retest tomorrow.
Can you see a line on the 2nd pic or is it just me?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Fri 12-May-17 14:58:07

Def a line on the second test. . With colour so not an evap..
Test with fmu tomorrow and update!!

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Fri 12-May-17 14:58:50

Go and get a Clear Blue digital immediately! I had the same faintness of line as you, but the CB showed up as +ve (although if you used first morning urine with the line test maybe wait till tomorrow)

Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 15:01:48

I only done this one at 1.30 this afternoon.
Really can't believe it. My little baby is only 7 months old and we've had a rough road with him .. found out at my 20 week scan he had a rare heart condition and gas had 2 open heart ops so far..so really stressed right now. Xx

Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 15:07:41

Would you think a clear blue would show now or should I wait until tomorrow or a few days xx

PugwallsSummer Fri 12-May-17 16:49:14

This exact thing happened to me last year and I now have a 4 month old baby girl.

Retest to confirm

Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 16:54:35

Thanks pugwallssummer
I will retest tomorrow or Sunday if still no period. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now